Writer's Room: Facts, Observations, and Beards
Series writer Kyle Bradstreet is busy bringing 'Copper' Season Two to life, but he has a few observations to share...
- A writer can, without question, beat an actor in a beard growing contest (note: not this writer, but this one).
Sorry, Morehouse. Writer Kevin Deiboldt wins the best beard award.
- Watching a Harlem Globetrotters game is the perfect way to spend a Saturday night after a week of shooting. Good idea, Morehouse.
- Between takes, it's a pleasure to watch Ato Essandoh (Doctor Matthew Freeman) dance. And, seriously, he can cut a rug.
VIDEO: Ato Essandoh and the cast of Copper bust a move.
- Negative 9 degrees Fahrenheit is cold. So cold. Oh, Toronto...
- A lit cigar shoved up one's nose appears to be incredibly painful for the recipient. (Who writes these scenes...?)
- Copper's multitalented Tessa Thompson (Sara Freeman) performs in a kick-ass band called Caught A Ghost. Check out their song "Hold Out" below.
VIDEO: Tessa Thompson and her band Caught A Ghost perform "Hold Out."
- Frightened Rabbit's new album, "Pedestrian Verse," is a faithful early morning writing companion. Yes, they're from Scotland. Forgive me, Sweet Éire.
- Donal Logue joining the Copper team this year is like adding rocket fuel to an already spectacular bonfire. I mean, the guy kills it in every scene. Our ever outstanding cast has added another family member, and we couldn't be more excited to have Donal on board.