'Doctor Who's Day Roundup: Who's a Vision?
Welcome to this week's Doctor Who's Day, a coming-together of fandom tribes to share precious objects of devotion from the past week in social media and across the internet.
It was the Eurovision Song Contest over the weekend. For those of you who are unaware of the event, it's a TV spectacular broadcast across all of Europe (and a few other places too) in which countries send a singer and a song in to do battle with other countries, with the aim of winning the song of the year.
It's an exceptionally theatrical broadcast, and this year, contestants were shown arriving via strange portal-like doorways that some people found to be somewhat familiar:
The Czech Republic even had their own Whovian cosplay going on, apparently:
And it's not just the Doctor people saw in all the glitz and glamour:
Here's what else has been going on in space and time this week:
• Thirteen arrives in comic book form:
• This astonishing action trailer for the Third Doctor:
• Here's Jodie Whittaker from the red carpet at the BAFTA Awards. Doctor Who was nominated for the reveal of her role as the Thirteenth Doctor. Note the red TARDIS in the background:
• She told reporters that she's loving being the Doctor:
• And met Mickey Smith!
• She even caught up with Bradley Walsh later on:
• Mother's Day is complicated for friends of the Doctor:
• The Tenth Doctor and Martha Jones arrive in steelbook form:
• 10 reasons why Season Three rocks:
• Thirteen is clearly still a huge muse for fan artists:
• The Fourth Doctor and Sarah Jane Smith battle "The Hand of Fear"
• Now hear this:
• This TARDIS is even smaller on the outside:
• Russell T Davies meets the First Doctor's first companion, Ian Chesterton, on a train:
• A breath of fresh air:
• Fancy traveling with the Eighth Doctor?
• In the week that Brooklyn 99 died and was reborn (the Doctor has a word for that sort of a thing), how about a credits mash-up between that show and Doctor Who?
• They went for a cup of tea afterwards too:
• Hopefully not coming soon:
• And finally, let's end this week with a rather wonderful compilation of the Doctor's darkest moments, and his greatest redemptions: