‘Doctor Who’s Day Roundup: Who Must Be Kidding!
Welcome to this week’s Doctor Who’s Day roundup, a trawl through the social media for Whovian nuggets of fan creativity and any other nonsense wonders we can find along the way.
And we begin this week with a spectacular quirk of Doctor Who fan art — namely the trend towards making Doctor Who look like it is a cartoon for very young children.
Not sure what I mean? Try this exceptionally cute Chibi Dalek for starters:
Or how about baby Eleven and baby Thirteen hanging by the suspenders?
Ta-DAH! It’s baby Eleven:
Baby Thirteen is her own keyring:
Or Ten and Eleven fighting over a fez, like siblings do:
Not to worry, Missy is here to sort everyone out:
Or how about this Ten, a mad villain straight out of a Saturday morning kid’s cartoon?
Or this jumping tableau from “The Day of the Doctor,” which is almost TOO jolly:
Here’s what else has been going on in space and time this week:
• What’s your most stoutly held Doctor Who opinion?
• Ten suffers water damage:
• Doctor Who sings Green Day:
• The penny drops for Nine as he recovers from that time Jackie tried to seduce him:
• Twelve and Bill — crime fighting duo:
• Whatever this is an animation test for, you’ve passed:
• Jack and Ten watch the stars:
• Melody and River meet young Amy:
• A fan-made tribute to Season 9’s credits, which were taken from a fan video in the first place:
• The downtime of the Doctor:
• Eleven gets penciled in:
• The Doctor Who credits get a low-fi remix:
• Thirteen looking like a glowing stained glass window:
• Speaking of glowing and windows:
• But let’s finish this week with the most original spin on the opening credits we’ve seen for years. What if Doctor Who was a science fiction police procedural with a sad theme song? What if it was that plus space and Egyptians and a Cyberman’s face?