'Doctor Who's Day Roundup: Toon TownJune 12, 2018
Welcome to this week's Doctor Who's Day roundup, a gallery of Gallifreyan gorgeousness taken from the past week or so on the internet and social media.
And we begin this week by paying tribute to some of Doctor Who's greatest cartoonists, not just the fans who've rendered the Doctor, companions and enemies through the medium of cartoon art, like this:
But especially the artist who created these wonderful (and silly) Doctor Who cartoons. Like these comedy Daleks:
And this, the Doctor's rock 'n' roll influence:
These are ALL wonderful:
And look, you don't even need to be able to draw:
Here's what else has been going on in space and time this week:
• A welcome return for Jenny, the Doctor's daughter:
• A legitimate question to which there is only one correct answer. Or possibly two:
• William Hartnell's copy of the first Doctor Who script has been sold:
• Twelve on a table:
• The Third Doctor era arrives on Twitch:
• Beware of Missy, the devil woman:
• Rose Tyler is a work of art:
• Your chance to send a welcome message to Jodie Whittaker:
• And look! The new Doctor is already on her way:
• Canada! Your Doctor awaits!
• Here he is with Leela in 19th century London, for "The Talons of Weng-Chiang"
• A digital Twelve:
• Young Karen Gillan dances to NSYNC:
• Graduation, Gallifrey-style:
• Pink Floyd and the fish people grapple with artron energy:
• The Fourth Doctor meets "The Robots of Death"
• There's a Dalek all-clear in Waterloo, London:
• Eleven's last moments:
• And Twelve's:
• Let's go out with something truly space-age. Musical YouTuber GeorgeCMusic asks what the Doctor Who theme would sound like if covered by electronic music pioneer Tomita? Here's an answer: