'Doctor Who's Day Roundup: The Earring of the Doctor
Welcome to this week's Doctor Who's Day roundup, a cosmic soup made of the tastiest morsels of social media fandom and piping hot gossip from the last week on the internet.
And we begin this week with fan reactions to some new shots of Jodie Whittaker in full Doctor garb as part of her interview with Doctor Who Magazine.
This has prompted a wave of artistic activity, with fans seizing upon every tiny detail:
And getting generally creative:
And there's cosplay too:
It's fair to say Jodie is still as excited as everyone else:
And for anyone still mourning the Twelfth Doctor, the Doctor Who Yearbook is here:
Here's what else has been going on in space and time this week:
• Part one of an epic interview with Steven Moffat about writing Doctor Who:
• And another one here, for Den of Geek:
• What Pearl Mackie did when Bill's time was up:
• Justified praise for Rachel Talalay:
• Ten and Eleven and Twelve on the cusp of regeneration:
• "You want weapons? We're in a library. Books are the best weapon in the world. This room's the greatest arsenal we could have. Arm yourself!"
• Here's a book the Doctor clearly does not own:
• Fandom is a wonderful thing:
• How they feed the birds on Gallifrey:
• Teaser trailers for the Third Doctor's last two adventures, "The Monster of Peladon"...
And "Planet of the Spiders"
• Speaking of whom, here's 1970s Whovian fandom in full riotous form:
• Twelve enjoying a particularly tart jelly baby:
• Doctor Who Cubed:
• The impossible girl:
• Regeneration, the mechanical way:
• The Doctors having a Lego rave-up:
• Happy Birthday William Hartnell!
• And to end this week on a fittingly retro note, how about a remixed version of the current Doctor Who theme, one that works in the eerie melodic tones of the very first Who theme: