‘Doctor Who’s Day Roundup: The Anniversary Special
Welcome to this week’s Doctor Who’s Day roundup, a Gallifreyan grab-bag of stuff, nonsense and Whovian fan creativity across the last seven days on social media and the internet.
This week, there are a great many anniversaries to note and celebrate, starting with the 50th birthday of the Tenth Doctor himself, David Tennant.
Here’s what else has been going on in space and time this week:
• The actual Ninth Doctor speaks! About Doctor Who! Like, NOWADAYS:
• There’s a new box set of Dalek trouble on the way:
• Oh hello! Original Torchwood is back:
• John Bishop is now officially allowed to say he’s a new companion to the Doctor, but not where he is from, OK?
• Handles takes to the stars:
• Jake Hyde’s Doctor Who title sequence is exceptionally trippy:
• Too big, you might say:
• Of course, we absolutely do not approve of this clip, debasing the fine, noble and clean speech of the Doctor Who cast with filthy innuendo. No, not one bit:
• Is this Dalek perhaps a bit too... cute?
• Mind you, this one is too...
• Missy looks hissy:
• Thirteen’s arrival is given the fan-art treatment:
• This Doctor Who credits sequence is all jittery and sharp, much like the Doctor herself:
• Thirteen and her rainbow trousers:
• What if they made a Doctor Who anime and it needed a theme tune? Eh?
• OR a 16-bit Sixth Doctor game? Has anyone got that covered?
• Rose and her heroes:
• Whoah! What the... what?
• Let’s finish this week on a musical note. This is definitely the moment where the Doctor Who Sings team have become giddy with their own success. Enjoy!