‘Doctor Who’s Day Roundup: Loki Who?
Welcome to this week’s Doctor Who’s Day roundup, a stuffed portfolio of astonishing Whovian fan creativity taken from the past seven days across the internet and social media.
And we begin this week with something that feels like a fan mashup that has become reality. The Marvel Studios series Loki has been released, and fans have noticed that their one-time dream of Tom Hiddleston signing up to be the next Doctor have sort of turned out to be true. Loki has an aesthetic which is kind of Doctor-y.
And this is on top of fan demands to create a similar evil nemesis spin-off series:
And naturally there’s a title sequence that underlines the point:
And it’s not the only unorthodox mashup that fans have set their devious minds to. Like, for example, this Adipose driving a Dalek:
Or this recreation of the Twelfth Doctor’s title sequence, made using still images and Powerpoint. No, I don’t know why either:
Or the time Thirteen became a partial Cyberman:
Or, perhaps oddest of all, the Doctor regenerating into Simon Le Bon from Duran Duran:
Here’s what else has been going on in space and time this week!
• The cast of Doctor Who sings “The Rainbow Connection”:
• Twelve looking thoughtful:
• … and shocked beyond measure:
• It turns out River Song is a mix of Han Solo, Princess Leia and Mad-Eye Moody. Who knew?
• Speaking of River, this guy made a sonic lipstick:
• We’ve seen her as a lasagne, but here’s Cassandra the pizza:
• As a special edition for Record Store Day, BBC Records put out a compendium of Dalek tales:
• Speaking of Doctor Who audio adventures:
• And this!
• And here’s a sample of the new animation:
• The TARDIS is in trouble:
• This artistic Dalek:
• This lonely Angel:
• Thirteen’s big happy face (plus goggles):
• The Eighth Doctor rides a vortisaur:
• Five happy Doctor faces, and Twelve:
• Thirteen’s taking a tumble:
• Four looking excitable:
• Ten and Donna share a rueful moment:
• The Zygons are back:
• And to end this week with something lengthy, lovely and slightly heartbreaking, how about a mastercut of Amy Pond’s finest moments that lasts for MORE THAN AN HOUR?!
Put your feet up, settle down on your suitcase. There’s no need to wait, the girl who waited is right here:
…and the video is here:
Followed by this, an extra special treat. Missy’s Theme, played by a flautist in a Missy cosplay outfit. Because fans are astonishing, that’s why!