'Doctor Who's Day Roundup: It's Coming HomeJuly 10, 2018
Welcome to this week's Doctor Who's Day roundup, a stadiumful of Whovian fan creativity, news and related stuff and nonsense from the past week on the internet and social media.
And we begin this week with football (or soccer, if you must). The beautiful game. Over the past week or so, with the England team doing well in the World Cup, fans have been inserting a particularly rousing song into various video clips to illustrate a growing excitement that they might win.
To anyone not well versed in British football songs, it's "Three Lions" by Frank Skinner (last seen playing Perkins in "Mummy on the Orient Express"), David Baddiel and the Lightning Seeds, and it's a song about fans who dare to dream. Doctor Who having a very inclusive fandom, it didn't take long before the song started to pop up in clips like this:
Hats off for this one, a superbly creative twist on the same idea:
Here's what else has been going on in space and time this week:
• The Time War is back:
• The Twitch Doctor Who marathon reaches the Fifth Doctor:
• A history of the Daleks:
• Ten meets Twelve:
• Where's Eleven, you ask? Here:
• Clara takes on a whole new dimension:
• Doctor Who gets a TED talk. Ivan Phillips on myth in the modern world:
• Isn't modern technology marvelous?
• Young Doctors:
• A tale of two Doctors: Matt Smith's entire Q&A from San Francisco Comic-Con in June...
• ...followed by Peter Capaldi's:
• Pride of the Daleks:
• And while we're on colorful Daleks:
• Groundhog Day:
• An icy stare:
• Martha's travel problems solved:
• And finally, if you've a spare 30 minutes, why not spend the time enjoying a wallow in this beautiful supercut of all three seasons of the Twelfth Doctor, showing how far he has traveled from "kidneys!" to "Doctor, I let you go":