‘Doctor Who’ Day Roundup: Definite Doctor
Welcome to this week’s Doctor Who’s Day roundup, a virtual wallow in the deep waters of social media fandom over the past week or so.
We begin this week with a remarkable animation.
As part of the online tweetalong of the Doctor Who story “Love & Monsters” on Valentine’s Day, the YouTube account Doctor Who: Lockdown created an animation reintroducing the Abzorbaloff. Or AN Abzorbaloff, at least:
And what’s more, it features another competition-created monster, in the form of the deadly Krakanord. Will Grantham, who won the BBC competition to design the Abzobaloff, was the judge who picked the Krakanord — designed by Hugh Brown:
And that’s not the only Tenth Doctor animation that appeared this week. There’s also the trailer for this Roblox adventure, “Angels From Hell”:
And if you’re thinking one of those names sounds familiar, Doctor Who: Lockdown were also responsible for this gathering of musical inspiration just before Christmas. It’s a version of Abigail’s song from “A Christmas Carol”:
Here’s what else has been going on in space and time this week:
• Valentine’s Day, Whovian style:
• The TARDIS arrives in America and immediately blends in... sort of:
• How to draw Ten:
• A beginner's guide to the Third Doctor:
• A birthday greeting from Missy in all of her haughty glory:
• A 3D rendering of the TARDIS:
• Ever wondered what the Who opening credits might look like if Michael Sheen was the 14th Doctor? Well...
• Or if Doctor Who was a 20-year-old video game?
• OR if the Thirteenth Doctor was available in cross-stitch form?
• The Fugitive Doctor rendered in ever-loving fan-art:
• Clara’s face of Christmas confusion:
• The TARDIS fam with faces, and without:
• Graham drops his lunch:
• And now let’s end this week as we started it, with people making stuff at home because they want to. A man in Westfield, Indiana has re-created the bridge from the Starship Enterprise in his house, and also the TARDIS control room. So he can beam from one TV show to the other: