‘Doctor Who’s Day Roundup: 24 Hour Cyber People
Welcome to this week’s Doctor Who’s Day roundup, a magpie’s nest of shiny fan-made stuff and nonsense from the past week on social media and the internet.
And we begin this week with this, a trailer for an audio drama:
Sounds pretty good, right? What if we were to tell you that this particular drama was created in just 24 hours by two ardent Doctor Who fans?!
That’s right. YouTubers Doctor Who Adventures have created a half-hour audio drama in just one day. It’s an emotional thrill ride, but not as much of an emotional thrill ride as the drama itself:
Here’s what else has been going on in space and time this week:
• The Ninth Doctor is back. Again!
• These amazing handmade creations:
• This portrait of Twelve:
• And THIS portrait of Twelve:
• And this brilliant portrait of Thirteen:
• YouTuber Chucky specializes in reimagining and lovingly rendering Daleks for computer animation. Here, for example, is their paradigm Special Weapons Dalek, a continuation of the designs used in “Asylum of the Daleks”:
• And here’s the Time Eternal, which they describe as, “an evolution of the yellow and black Eternal Dalek, drawing inspiration from Big Finish's Dalek Time Controller and Dalek Time Strategist”:
• Clara’s view of the Doctor’s regeneration gets an anime facelift:
• This startling crossover moment:
• The Doctor keeps the nastiest company:
• All of the Doctor’s regeneration energy has been channelled into this lyric video, featuring the song “Don’t Shut Me Down” by ABBA. We have no idea why:
• Thirteen’s action pose, twice:
• Never mind the Supreme Dalek, meet the Dalek Supremes:
• A collection of highlights from Season 12:
• Ten takes a sideways look…
• While Thirteen looks the other way:
• The Eleventh Doctor has been given Andrew Garfield’s face. So he’s officially Spider-Man now:
• Rose Tyler wearing a very familiar scarf:
• Pivot Doctor Who continues:
• Nine gets an overdue fashion makeover:
• And to round things off with something every bit as wonderful as the thing we started with, how about this superb animated recreation of a moment from the First Doctor adventure “The Daleks’ Masterplan”?
And with that, our work here is done. TTFN!