Coming Soon: All-Female Short Film Series 'Snatches' Starring 'Killing Eve's' Jodie Comer and More
BBC America is excited to announce that we will be airing Snatches: Moments From Women’s Lives, a short film series featuring an all-female line-up of actors and writers, on Sunday, November 4 at 9:00 am ET. Snatches: Moments From Women’s Lives airs in partnership with Jezebel and features an introduction by Jezebel Editor-in-Chief Julianne Escobedo Shepherd.
Marking the 100-year anniversary of women getting the right to vote in England, this series of monologues will inspire, infuriate and hopefully engage. Curated by the artistic director of London’s Royal Court Theatre, Vicky Featherstone, the short films tell stories inspired by women who have spoken out, challenged the status quo or made a stand.
Vibrant, visceral monologues full of rage, humor, lust, resentment, joy and guilt, these “snatches” feature performances by BBC America's own Jodie Comer (Killing Eve), Shirley Henderson (Harry Potter), Antonia Thomas (The Good Doctor), Romola Garai (The Hour), Liv Hill (Three Girls), Siobhan Finneran (Downton Abbey), Corinne Skinner-Carter (EastEnders), and Kiran Sonia Sawar (Black Mirror). The shorts are written by Abi Morgan (The Iron Lady), Vicky Jones (Killing Eve), Rachel De-Lahay (The Last Hours of Laura K), Zinnie Harris (M1-5), Tanika Gupta (East Enders), Charlene James (The Break), E.V. Crow (Glue) and Theresa Ikoko (the play Girls).
Check out the line-up below for a taste of what's to come!
Tipping Point starring Antonia Thomas and written by Rachel De-Lahay
- A pregnant woman in the future is being pursued on social media.
Multiples starring Siobhan Finneran and written by Zinnie Harris
- Accused of the murder of her three babies, a woman educates herself to prove the expert witness wrong.
Pritilata starring Kiran Sonia Sawar and written by Tanika Gupta
- It’s 1932 and Pritilata leads an attack against the European Club in an attempt to gain Independence from the British.
Reclaim the Night starring Liv Hill and written by Charlene James
- 1977 and the first Reclaim the Night march takes place in Leeds in response to the curfew imposed on women to protect them from the Yorkshire Ripper.
Pig Life starring Shirley Henderson and written by E.V. Crowe
- It’s 1991 and rape in marriage has been made illegal. Our character is shocked to realize what she has been living through.
Bovril Pam starring Jodie Comer and written by Vicky Jones
- It’s the early 1960’s, stuck between Victorian England and the sexual revolution, a secretary in the typing pool finds herself.
Outside starring Corinne Skinner-Carter and written by Theresa Ikoko
- A woman celebrates her 100th birthday while outside the revolution is beginning.
Compliance starring Romola Garai and written by Abi Morgan
- A hotel room meeting between a young actress and her powerful producer.