And the winner is… okay, the BAFTA TV Awards winners have yet to be announced, but Killing Eve receiving so many nominations in one sweep is a win in itself.
Fifteen categories is a lot to go through, but what better way to spend time? Let us count the noms starting with the top spot, Best Drama Series.
As well, both lead actresses, Sandra Oh and Jodie Comer are nominated for Best Leading Actress. Yep, you read that right, they are both nominated for the same category (ack!). What a hard choice to make; they really are a package deal. We can’t have one without the other.
It doesn’t stop there, Fiona Shaw has been nominated for Best Supporting Actress and Kim Bodnia has been nominated for Best Supporting Actor. KE has also been nominated for Costume Design (Phoebe de Gaye), Director: Fiction (Harry Bradbeer), Editing: Fiction (Gary Dollner), Production Design (Kristian Milsted), and… finally, saving the best for last, Writer: Drama, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, who acted as lead writer and showrunner for season one.
Also, there’s a nomination for Virgin Media Must-See Moment which KE received a nod for the scene in the season finale (Spoiler Alert!) when Eve stabbed Villanelle. The Must-See Moment is voted for by the public.
The show is also nominated for the more technical side of things, including Photography and Lighting, Production Design, Sound: Fiction, Title and Graphic Identity.
We could stop there, but it’s not just KE collecting at the BAFTAs announcement, with BBC America’s Doctor Who and Dynasties also being nominated.
Here is the full list of BBCA/AMC Networks shows:
- KILLING EVE
- JODIE COMER Killing Eve
- SANDRA OH Killing Eve
- THE ROYAL WEDDING: PRINCE HARRY AND MEGHAN MARKLE
SHORT FORM PROGRAM
- BOVRIL PAM (SNATCHES FROM WOMEN’S LIVES) Vanessa Caswill, Vicky Jones, Debbie Christie
- KIM BODNIA Killing Eve
- FIONA SHAW Killing Eve
VIRGIN MEDIA’S MUST-SEE MOMENT (voted for by the public)
- DOCTOR WHO Rosa Parks, The Doctor and Her companions make sure historical moments remain.
- KILLING EVE Eve Stabs Villanelle.
British Academy Television Craft Awards: Nominations
- PHOEBE DE GAYE Killing Eve
- HARRY BRADBEER Killing Eve (Episode 1)
- JULIA KNOWLES, HELEN SCOTT, SIMON STAFFURTH The Royal Wedding: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
- GARY DOLLNER Killing Eve (Episode 1)
MAKE UP & HAIR DESIGN
- NICOLE STAFFORD The Little Drummer Girl
- LINDSAY McCRAE Dynasties: Emperor
PHOTOGRAPHY & LIGHTING: FICTION
- JULIAN COURT Killing Eve (Episode 7)
- WOO-HYUNG KIM The Little Drummer Girl
- KRISTIAN MILSTED Killing Eve
- MARIA DJURKOVIC, TATIANA MACDONALD The Little Drummer Girl
- TIM OWENS, GRAHAM WILD, KATE HOPKINS Dynasties: Chimpanzees
- SOUND TEAM The Little Drummer Girl
- SOUND TEAM Killing Eve
TITLES & GRAPHIC IDENTITY
- MATT WILLEY Killing Eve
- PHOEBE WALLER-BRIDGE Killing Eve
The awards themselves will be announced on Sunday, May 12.
And what shall we do in the meantime? Oh, we have an idea, binge on season two of Killing Eve! Which, as you might now by now (we hope), premieres next Sunday, April 7 on BBC America (of course). You can also catch it on AMC, with a dual-simulcast.
Are you caught up on season one of KE!? If not, what are you waiting for!!??Read More