This browser is supported only in Windows 10 and above.
Introducing the Elizabeth Tower, formerly known as 'Big Ben.' (Rex Features via AP Images)

Most of us refer to the iconic Clock Tower at Westminster as “Big Ben,” which is actually the nickname of the bell that lives inside the 316-feet-tall structure. But any confusion over nomenclature may soon end: the tower is being renamed “the Elizabeth Tower” in honor of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, BBC News reports.

The House of Commons has agreed to the measure as a “fitting tribute” to Queen Elizabeth II, only the second British monarch to achieve 60 years on the throne. (Queen Victoria was the first, and she herself had a section of the Palace of Westminster named after her.) But that’s begs the question, folks:

Will you still refer to the Clock Tower as “Big Ben” or use its new name, the “Elizabeth Tower”? Or should it simply be known as “The Leaning Tower of London?

Read More
By Kevin Wicks
Kevin Wicks is the founding editor of Anglophenia.