- Amy Winehouse has a clear attraction to black music. Her first album, Frank, had strong jazz influences, and Back to Black dug deep into Motown and classic soul. Will she regale us with reggae for her next album? Sources tell The Mirror that Amy will make a pilgrimage to Bob Marley‘s home in Jamaica “for inspiration ahead of her third album.” She may also work with Marley’s son, Damian.
- Amy Winehouse showed up late to husband Blake Fielder-Civil‘s hearing: “Entering court just five minutes from the end of the hearing — which had lasted more than half an hour — Winehouse, disheveled and dressed in a cream skirt, dark polo shirt and sporting her new blonde haircut, first mouthed: ‘I love you’ and blew kisses to her 25-year-old husband as he left the dock.”(Yahoo!)
- Winehouse reportedly “started swearing and threatening reporters” after visiting her husband in prison.(Digital Spy)
- Our condolences to Lily Allen, who had a devastating miscarriage yesterday.(BBC)
- The Rolling Stones may be the latest defection from EMI.(Mirror)
- When Boy George was arrested for coke possession in New York, the pop star says his “first thought was, ‘My poor mother! She’s going to go crazy’. As it happens she was great about it.” Yes, I’m sure he made her quite proud.
- Sir Bob Geldof has riled up residents of his current hometown of Kent. Speaking to his county council newsletter, Geldof said, “I know Kent is a bit scruffy and worn at the edges and some of its ugliness is inexcusable.” “But,” Geldof concedes, “some of it is cute and so sublimely beautiful it’s ridiculous.” I actually don’t think he said anything that bad, but I must say, I have one hard-and-fast rule: never trust a heterosexual man who uses the word “cute.”
- XFM DJ Alex Zane, who has been feuding with UK rockers The Enemy for months, has un-banned their records from his show.(Mirror)
- Jordan, er, Katie Price is speaking out against Jamie Gray, a farm owner who allegedly killed horses for sport with his pickup truck. “The way those poor horses and donkeys have been treated is nothing short of barbaric. Gray deserves to be shot for the torture and pain he has inflicted on them.”
- Former Paris Hilton impersonator Chantelle Houghton has selected another dubious celebrity to imitate: Jordan.(Daily Mail)
- Meet the “George Clooney lookalike” pilot who saved 135 passengers from disaster in that BA flight that crash-landed at Heathrow yesterday. Friends and neighbors of “Heathrow hero” Peter Burkill speak to The Mirror, and they offer nothing but praise. “Like all airline pilots he is very good-looking,” says a neighbor. (Of course, physical beauty matters immensely when you’re barreling to the ground in a death trap.) “But,” she adds, “he is also very focused and positive. He is definitely cool, calm, and collected, the kind of person you would want to have in a crisis.” Yep, and a butt you could break champagne bottles on doesn’t hurt.