- That pesky little Norwegian-on-a-chain incident has come back to haunt Boy George: he was officially charged Monday for false imprisonment.(BBC)
- Leona Lewis is currently on track to beat the Arctic Monkeys‘ record for the fastest-selling album in Britain. If sales keep up their pace, her new album will move 400,000 copies in its first week. If you consider that the UK has one-fifth of America’s population, that’s like a 2 million first week here.(Reuters)
- Lily Allen is the latest celeb rumored to be guesting on Doctor Who.
- In today’s Times, Dame Edna and Richard & Judy give Lily Allen words of advice on hosting a TV chat show. Dame Edna says, “It’s very important to be interesting yourself. Most guests, let’s face it, however famous they are, are boring, with no intellectual resources and very little sense of humor, particularly if they are comedians. People only watch my shows for me, and those shows have remained evergreen long after the guests are forgotten.”
- Lily admits having a crush on Stephen Gateley, a member of the boy band Boyzone who came out as gay. “He wasn’t gay at the time,” she says.
- Paul McCartney says Thom Yorke snubbed his offer for a duet.(NME)
- A glitch on Google nearly sparked a war between Radiohead and their former label EMI.(NME)
- Irwin Sparkes, lead singer of popular UK band The Hoosiers, gives five minutes to The Independent.
- Girls Aloud tart Sarah Harding bared more than she bargained for at the launch of a new Ultimo underwear store.(The Sun)