There are no words. From The Sun:
JUNKIE Pete Doherty is snapped appearing to give his kitten crack – from a mini-pipe he made specially for it.
Sickened pals who leaked the picture claimed the warped rocker regularly gets the pet smashed.
They said it PASSES OUT with its paws in the air, suffers MOOD SWINGS, and even thinks it can FLY.
One added: “In Pete’s mind it is the only one who understands him now.”
Seriously, after Doherty’s blood-filled syringe rockets, the blood paintings, and the alleged injecting of drugs into an unconscious girl, can anyone be shocked by his behavior anymore?
In other news:
- Report: Amy Winehouse‘s father wants to keep her husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, away from her money.(Daily Mail)
- Photos: the newly single Lily Allen dines al fresco with Mercury Prize winners The Klaxons.(Daily Mail)
- Billie Piper confesses a fascination with “swinging.”(Daily Mail)
- KT Tunstall “shows her pins” on the cover of her new album.(Daily Mail)
- Princess Beatrice, bearing her perpetual look of surprise, dresses up as Alice in Wonderland.(Daily Mail)
- Sugababes singer Amelle Berrabah‘s boyfriend was cleared of rape charges.(The Sun)
- Siouxsie Sioux meets Ana Matronic of Scissor Sisters in a brilliantly awkward Guardian interview. Ana’s totally fawning over Siouxsie, her childhood idol, and Ms. Sioux just couldn’t be bothered. Hilarious.
- A Morrissey musical is in the works: it will be titled I’ve Changed My Plea To Guilty after one of his singles.(NME)
- James Blunt talks back to the haters: “People can say what they want about me. It’s not personal. If they react that extremely to a piece of music, it probably says more about them than it does me.” What, that they have good taste?(Telegraph)
- Meanwhile, Paul Weller says he actually wouldn’t prefer to munch on his own feces than sing with James Blunt.(Contact Music)
- Mick Jagger was a proud dad at his son’s stage debut.(The Sun)
- The Times has released previously unseen footage of Marc Bolan at a Radio One performance in 1974, plus fan footage of him singing “Jeepster” and “Get It On.”
- Elton John‘s Vegas-styled Red Piano concert is stuffed with “phallic symbolism,” says The Guardian‘s reviewer Alexis Petridis. “Its finale features vast inflatable lipsticks, bananas, priapic hotdogs and inverted ice-cream cones. Alas, in a case of art imitating life, the faux penises don’t always behave themselves. Stage left, a couple of operatives seem to be having trouble getting their banana to perform. No such difficulties for the star: as The Bitch Is Back ends, he leaps from his piano stool and runs across the stage. Basking in applause, he pats a distinctly testicular-looking cherry with a satisfied grin.”