Amy Winehouse‘s story is just becoming more bizarre and depressing with each passing day: photos of the singer bruised, bloodied, and covered in bandages have been released in today’s Daily Mail. Sources say the injuries happened in connection to an altercation with her husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, who himself was photographed with deep scratches on his face and neck. An “eyewitness” says Fielder-Civil chased a “panicked” Winehouse out of her hotel and into the streets:
“Amy was so hell-bent on getting away from him that she ran into the middle of the street and flagged down a random car that happened to be full of girls.
“She was saying, ‘Quickly, I have to get in, I have to get away, please help me’.
“Her voice was breaking, you could tell she was scared.
“The car drove off at speed and ended up about a mile away at Charing Cross station. Amy got out and went into a 24-hour shop to buy cigarettes.
“She was looking completely out of her head. Blake ran after the car for a while. He spent the next half hour or so wandering around in a daze with blood over his face, looking in doorways for her, shouting her name out.
The couple was later seen walking arm-in-arm as if everything were just hunky-dory.
Perez Hilton blogged on the photos this morning, pleading with Winehouse to “ditch that loser husband!!!” He later text-messaged Winehouse, who responded with this directive:
“Blake is the best man in the world. We would never ever harm each other. Take back what you said on the blog. I thought you was my girl. I was cutting myself after he found me in our room about to do drugs with a call girl and rightly said I wasn’t good enough for him. I lost it, and he saved my life.”
Wow, what will it take for this woman to get the help she needs? She seems to be positively hurtling to a very tragic end. The fact that she’s disintegrating so publicly has to be viewed as – let’s face it – a cry for help. The status quo ain’t workin’, folks. A serious and binding intervention is long overdue here.
In other news:
- The Mirror says Pete Doherty is back in rehab after that alleged attack on the photographer.
- David Hasselhoff has won libel damages against OK! magazine for falsely claiming he was “off his face” and “abusive” in an L.A. eatery.(Guardian)
- Queen‘s Brian May – nay, Dr. Brian May, has finally secured his PhD in astronomy after 36 years. Speaking of things long overdue, how’s about that haircut?(BBC)
- Lily Allen is a space cadet.(The Sun)
- Not even $75 million can convince Morrissey to reform The Smiths.(Gigwise)
- You’ll have eight weeks to catch Kelly Osbourne as Mama Morton in Chicago, starting September 10th.(BBC)