British billionaire Richard Branson appeared on The Colbert Report last Tuesday, and, apparently, got into an altercation on-stage with host Stephen Colbert. Branson came on the show to plug his new Virgin American airline, but he didn’t get a chance by the time his segment ended. Furious (or “furious”), he splashed Colbert with his glass of water. Colbert responded by throwing a glass of water on Branson. Was it a gag, or did Colbert unleash the beast inside the usually Zen-like Virgin tycoon? Witnesses claim that the incident was anything but friendly. According to the New York Post, “audience members who attended the taping last Tuesday blogged that Colbert looked ruffled and angry afterward – and that the two men sat in stony silence for a few seconds.”
Hmmm, is this all just a PR stunt to get people to tune in on August 22nd, when the show finally airs? Don’t give in, people: do us a favor and watch it on YouTube.
In other news:
- Sienna Miller seduces Sean Bean with savory beef stew.(Daily Mail)
- Now this is sexy: Billie Piper is taking dominatrix lessons. Oh ‘pank me, baby!(The Sun)
- DJ Chris Evans, who only recently divorced Billie Piper, has married golfer Natasha Shishmanian, who clearly only married Evans to get rid of her last name.(Daily Mail)
- Steve Coogan is interviewed in The Sun – as his TV character, Tommy Saxondale.
- Little Britain‘s David Walliams is a gay icon…in Poland.(The Sun)
- Philip Olivier, best known for exposing his peachy buttocks on the show In the City, has been fined £20,000 ($40,000) for failing to register his new Liverpool home with the housing authority.(Digital Spy)
- James McAvoy is photographed on the set of his new movie Wanted, co-starring Oscar winners Angelina Jolie and Morgan Freeman.(Hello!)
- From TV Scoop: Jessie Wallace, formerly Kat Slater on EastEnders, is joining the cast of Wild at Heart.
- Is Kevin McKidd (Rome) set to play Thor in Layer Cake director Matthew Vaughn‘s adaptation of the comic book series?(IESB)
- Also from IESB: will Jason Statham play Action Man in the live action G.I. Joe movie?
- Coronation Street star Antony Cotton‘s new talk show beat Richard and Judy in the ratings, which doesn’t exactly mean anything because Sharon Osbourne initially beat them, too, before taking a freefall straight into the rubbish bin.(BBC)
- Racer Lewis Hamilton is dating his boss’s 18-year-old daughter. I can’t even begin to say how unwise that is.(Mirror)