Continuing with our leg theme for the week, Lily Allen‘s scrap with photographers shows she missed her calling as a New York City Rockette: the short-tempered pop star employed some dramatic kickboxing techniques to fight paparazzi while out in London’s trendy Soho district with boyfriend Seb Chew. Man, does she get some major height with her kick! Someone’s been working on her flexibility. As a commenter over at the Daily Mail says, thank the Lord she was wearing knickers. That certainly could have been a Coochie Cam Hall of Fame contender. (She’ll make this week’s Cellulite Watch, however…good job, Lil.)
The second photo over at the Daily Mail shows Lily angrily trying to yank away a pap’s camera. But it doesn’t really look like Ol’ Lil at all, though.
In today’s Sun, Lily Allen reveals there’s truth behind her kiss-off song, “Not Big,” in which she sings:
I can see it in your face as you break it to me gently
You really must think you’re great
Well let’s see how you feel in a couple of weeks
When I work my way through your mates
She tells Victoria Newton that she employed this slatternly revenge tactic with her ex-boyfriend, Lester Lloyd, who infamously put all of Lil’s secrets out on Front Street in the Sunday Mirror. She says:
“He was my first love which felt sacred. I wouldn’t have been as upset if it was one of the others. I didn’t love reading about it in the papers – my grandparents didn’t either.
Asked how she got revenge, she says: “I slept with all his friends, actually.”
I’m sure Gam is just thrilled about that, too, Lily.
In other news:
- From The Sun: Charlotte Church is gonna name her son after a certain anti-hero who steals from the rich and gives to the poor. The name works well for a daughter, too.
- USA Network has acquired the rights to air Borat in a five-year, $10 million deal.(The Sun)
- What Not To Wear host Trinny Woodall‘s dramatic weight loss.(Daily Mail)
- Jordan, who is looking more and more like Jenny McCarthy, got mobbed at a book signing for the release of the paperback version of A Whole New World.(Daily Mail)
- “Sources” around Joss Stone say she should ditch her “streetwise” posse if she wants to hang on to her career, according to The Mirror.
- David Gest, Liza Minnelli‘s “battered” ex-hubby, is reportedly set to replace Louis Walsh as an X-Factor judge – and The Guardian is all for it.
- The Franz Ferdinand boys are full of announcements: they are working on a new album; they are playing Bonnaroo but no UK festivals; and they are penning a soundtrack to a film starring Jamie Bell.
- Alistair Appleton (Cash in the Attic) has a new blog entry up (don’t stay away so long, man) and it features some “tipsy” photography.
- Wait…Billie Piper (Doctor Who) is still married to Chris Evans? WTF? Does that make her relationship with Laurence Fox adultery?(Mirror)
- Maybe this is why she’s turned to women?: Kelly Osbourne says, “British boys can be a bit wimpy and a bit girly. I don’t want a guy who spends more time on his hair than I do.” Maybe if you stopped trolling Old Compton Street for play, Kel…
- Heartwarmer of the day: Sean and Julian Lennon, long estranged, are reconciling by travelling Europe together by bus.(Stereogum)
- A majorly sexy photo of Morrissey hoisting protégée Kristeen Young on his shoulders. Oh, if I could only switch places…with Kristeen, of course.
- Terry Cooke, a British footballer who has already made the transition to U.S. league soccer, has some advice for David Beckham. (The Times)
- Is a notorious American corporate raider attempting a hostile takeover of UK candy giant Cadbury?(Guardian)
- Eddie Izzard‘s new show, The Riches, has received raves from critics.(BBC)
- A London version of Gawker Stalker: “Jude Law: speeding down a St. John’s Wood road in his Porsche Turbo – the giveaway was his license plate ‘*** LAW’ Did notice a distinct thinning on top if you know what I mean.”
- Will Daniel Craig play Satan in I, Lucifer, an adaptation of Glen Duncan‘s novel inspired by Paradise Lost?
- According to Liz Smith, David Niven‘s daughter, Jamie Niven, tumbled into the arms of Daniel Craig (sigh) at the Vanity Fair after-Oscar party. “Well, I stumbled as I was going to shake hands with Daniel Craig so 007 caught me right in his arms. I told him he was the best James Bond yet but I modestly added that my father had also played the same role in the original version of ‘Casino Royale.’ Craig said — ‘And your father would have been David Niven? Well, you know the original ‘Casino Royale’ is quite a cult movie.'”
- Is Abbie Cornish, the rumored “Other Woman” in the Reese Witherspoon/Ryan Phillippe marriage, a frontrunner to play a Bond girl?
- Ford has sold Aston Martin back into British hands.(Mirror)
- Yet another rumor about a Robbie Williams/50 Cent collaboration. Robster on Fiddy: “He’s a bit like [Mike] Tyson – softly spoken, but could f**k you up. And I want friends like that. He’s like a teddy bear…” (MTV)
- Gordon Ramsay doesn’t give an F-Word about American traditions, according to Contact Music. “I didn’t come to New York to do f**king turkey.”
- American actors pale in comparison to British thesps, says Jonathan V. Last in his article posted in the Kansas City Star.
- Make your own jokes: Pete Doherty‘s text message about eels inspired 42-year-old Tracey Moberly to needlepoint.(BBC)
- Is Mischa Barton ready to be sexually terrorized by Russell Brand?
- Very Not Safe For Work – open at your own peril: Disney is majorly steamed about a porno comic depicting Keira Knightley being graphically (in every sense of the word) schtupped by Pirates of the Caribbean co-stars Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom. Radar Magazine‘s photos pulled from the comics have bars over the naughty bits, but still, wait until you get home.