Thank you to everyone who entered our ‘Ripper Street’ random poster drawing, and congrats to the five winners, Anita B., Sheila T., Crystal F., Renee C., and Stefani F.
See correct answers in bold below, and stay tuned for more ‘Ripper Street’ giveaways in the near future.
1.What was the name of the man who is known as the ‘father of cinematography?’
a) Eadweard Muybridge
b) Charlie Chaplin
c) Sanford Meisner
d) Louis Le Prince
Need a hint? Check out this blog post: ‘I Need Light: The Discovery of Technology and Gadgetry‘
2. What year was the Metropolitan Police Act passed?
Need a hint? Check out this blog post: ‘The H Division Police Force‘
3. How many prostitutes were estimated to be roaming the streets of East End London in 1888, according to the Metropolitan Police?
Need a hint? Check out this blog post: ‘Whitechapel‘
4. What body part does the ‘Dear Boss’ letter reference that made the letter somewhat credible to the police?
Need a hint? Check out this blog post: ‘The Origin of the Name Jack the Ripper’
5. What was the name of another unsolved criminal responsible for killing five people in Northern California in the 1960s?
a) The Zodiak Killer
b) The Black Dahlia
c) The Bay Harbor Butcher
d) The Tylenol Killer
Need a hint? Check out this blog post: ‘9 Totally Bizarre Unsolved Crimes’
6. Which book concentrates on the life of one suspect, Aaron Kozminski, and builds a compelling case around him?
a) ‘Jack the Ripper: The Casebook’
b) ‘Jack the Ripper and the Case for Scotland Yard’s Prime Suspect’
c) ‘Portrait of a Killer: Jack the Ripper – Case Closed’
d) ‘Jack the Ripper CSI: Whitechapel’
Need a hint? Check out this gallery: ‘You Don’t Know Jack‘
7. Where was the body of Jack the Ripper Victim No. __, Mary Jane Kelly discovered?
a) 4, Wentworth Model Dwellings
b) 6, Miller’s Court
c) 2, Dukes Place
d) 3, Gunthorpe Street
Need a hint? Check out the Virtual Tour: Jack the Ripper Virtual Tour