We already enjoy the antics of established bromances between Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart as well as James McAvoy and Michael …Read Now
Pickled Ham Hock, Red Beef Hash and Poached Eggs
- Serves 2 people
- 1 cup of pickled ham hock (diced)
- ½ cup of medium diced yam
- ½ cup of medium diced red beets
- ¼ cup of medium diced onion
- ½ cup of medium diced potato
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 2 1g eggs poached in pickled water (set aside)
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes until you have a light jiggle
- ½ cup of medium diced parsnip
- Flor de sal to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Dash of Paprika
- 8 pieces of asparagus whole with bottom part of stem removed.
- Place iron skillet on preheated BBQ grill with the two tbsp of oil.
- Sauté pickled ham till tender and crispy. Add the rest of the ingredients in the skillet and sauté till cooked through (tender). Season from the beginning to the end so the flavor develops.
- In the meantime make sure your water with the pickled juice is simmering (add salt) Crack the eggs into two separate small bowls. Pour in the water, the egg and let cook for 3-4 minutes. Make sure that the egg does not become attached to the bottom of the pan. (Make sure the water is filled to about ¾ of the way.)
- Whilst the egg is cooking, toss the asparagus in oil, salt and pepper and grill until tender, about 3 mins.
- Serve as desired.