While the news of Downton Abbey coming to an end may still be sinking in, there is something we should all remember: there …Read Now
Old Fashioned Rice Pudding
A Winning Challenge dish made by Bianca of Team U.S.
- 2 ½ cups whole milk
- 1/3 uncooked white rice
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- van1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup dried apples, chopped
- ((MISSING THE LOCAL FLOWERS THAT WERE GATHERED FOR THIS RECIPE))
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, bring the milk, rice and salt to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the rice is tender, about 20-25minutes. Stir frequently. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together egg and brown sugar until well mixed. Add a half cup of the hot rice mixture to the egg mixture, a tablespoon at a time, whisking to incorporate. Add egg mixture back into the saucepan of rice and milk and stir, on low heat for 5-10mins, until thick. Do not let the mixture come to a boil. Stir in cinnamon and dried fruit.
- Serve in small bowls, garnish with edible flowers