British actor Steve Coogan, who can be seen reprising the role of the miniature Roman emperor Octavius in Night at the […]Read Now
Fun Facts About Katy Brand
She’s not Russell Brand’s wife (although she likes to tease she’s the estranged one) and she’s not the daughter of British comedienne/actress Jo Brand (she admits to joking about this, too)… but Katy Brand is more than the brash comedienne we see on TV.
- Katy Brand’s grandfather, Geoffrey Brand, is a celebrated British trumpeter who worked with Paul McCartney and played on a brass version of “Yellow Submarine.”
- While attending Oxford University, she earned a theology degree. Her “Jesus’ Girlfriend” routine is her mix of Christianity and humor.
- And during her days at Oxford, Brand was involved with various musicals and other stage productions, which starred the likes of former Bond girl and “Johnny English Reborn” actress Rosamund Pike, English theatre star Rory Kinnear and her “Katy Brand’s Big Ass Show” co-star Katherine Parkinson.
- French and Saunders a.k.a. Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders (of “Absolutely Fabulous”) are her comedy heroes.
- When it comes to technology, Brand adores her “posh” coffee maker and her Macbook Pro because it’s “prettier” than a PC. She’d also like to own time machine. “I could zip around doing whatever I wanted,” she told The Guardian in 2011.