Welcome to this week’s Doctor Who’s Day roundup, an intergalactic gumbo made from the finest fandom ingredients from the last week or so on social media and the internet.
And we begin this week with something rather special. Camille and Kennerly are twin sisters who play harp duets under the apt name of the Harp Twins. They cover a lot of hard rock songs—”Sweet Child O’ Mine”, “Stairway to Heaven” and so forth—but this week, as part of a collaboration with renowned Welsh harpist Robin Huw Bowen, they recorded a version of a tune dear to the hearts of Whovians everywhere.
It starts just after their version of the traditional Welsh melody Ar Hyd y Nos, also known as “All Through the Night”:
They do have some form, having released an official version, from 2013:
And while we’re on the topic, how about another reimagined version of the Who theme? This one has been given a swooshy makeover by Myztic Muzic:
Here’s what else has been going on in space and time this week:
Fans are still really enjoying making opening credit sequences for the new series of Doctor Who. This one is exceptional:
• But it’s not just about fancy graphics, here’s a really cute stop-motion affair that takes things right back to basics:
• And here’s a more stately sequence, bordering on the downright eerie:
• Another spooky one:
• Nice cloud work:
• Although this is another sort of title sequence entirely:
• Celebrities react to Jodie Whittaker, the first female Doctor:
• And she is still providing strong inspiration for fan artists:
• A cat with exquisite taste:
My cat watches Doctor Who pic.twitter.com/Z51n68W0YO
— Bink (@beantato) March 12, 2018
• Attack eyebrows:
— Giu (@giupear) March 10, 2018
• A teaser trailer for the Doctor’s first encounter with the Zygons:
• Cup of tea?
• Who are you?
• Note: not actual Doctor Who footage:
— EpicLPer (Stefan Kern) (@EpicLPer) March 8, 2018
• Is the chameleon circuit finally fixed?
— Doctor Who Page (@dwpageofficial) March 12, 2018
• Missy is back, and so are some of the Doctor’s friends:
• Twelve and Missy face off:
— Omnishambles ||-// (@space_glasgow) March 10, 2018
• Kendal mint cake at the ready? Let’s read:
— anglophenia (@anglophenia) March 12, 2018
• The Fourth Doctor returns:
• Mondassian Cybermen are never uncreepy:
• Portraits can regenerate too:
• And to finish this week, a mesmerizing video showing how to draw the Thirteenth Doctor: