Welcome to this week’s Doctor Who’s Day roundup, a temporal trip around one week in internet space to gather various items of Whovian fan appreciation and present them in a neat display.
And this week’s roundup is littered with some particularly well thought out examples of fan art. Read on for a wonderful animation, but before that, there are two that seek to look inside one of the Doctor’s worst enemies, to see the creature within.
The first is in this selection by Scott Wauchope, showing the seething Dalek inside their tank-like shell:
— Scott Wauchope (@epicwee) March 18, 2017
And the second, by Owenoak95 actually updates the Dalek design, rather well too:
Here’s a fantasy Marvel Comics team-up between the Fourth Doctor and Thor:
And an actual fan art discussion over which Doctor is best, happy or unhappy:
Strax fails to get into the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day:
And finally this, the dearest wish of all Whovians towards all non-Whovians, rendered artistically:
Here’s what else has been going on in space and time this week:
• Season 10, incoming!
• The Fifth Doctor, Tegan, Nyssa and Adric ride again:
— Big Finish (@bigfinish) March 21, 2017
• A little light reading:
— Doctor Who Shop (@DoctorWho_Shop) March 21, 2017
• One of these Sea Devils has clearly been busy:
— Andrew-Mark Thompson (@Andydrewz) March 20, 2017
• Doctor Who: The Fan Show talks to animator Lucy Crewe about this little moment of cartoon joy:
— Doctor Who Fan Show (@DWTheFanShow) March 15, 2017
• Season One gets steely:
• Cosmic angst emoji:
• Whuh? What’s this?
— Clayton Hickman (@claytonhickman) March 15, 2017
• Great nails:
• The origin of “oi, Churchill!” revealed:
— anglophenia (@anglophenia) March 18, 2017
• A teaser trailer for the Second Doctor (and Brigadier) adventure “The Invasion:”
• Something we can all agree with:
— Staypee (@drstaypee) March 17, 2017
• Got something in your eye?
• Mondassian Cybermen — then and now:
— Aaron (@Aaroonio) March 15, 2017
• The first thing you realize about the TARDIS:
• The Invasion of the Cy-bus-men:
— Spod1000 (@spod1000) March 14, 2017
• The Doctor celebrates Pi Day in quite a few different ways:
— Doctor Who Official (@bbcdoctorwho) March 14, 2017
— Doctor Puppet (@TheDoctorPuppet) March 14, 2017
• Bad Mouse:
— David Howard (@davidhfilms) March 20, 2017
• And finally, Here’s a GIF that helpfully shows the first 13 years of Doctor Who, putting the first four Doctors, their various companions, and the interior of the TARDIS in chronological order (for the Doctor at least).
Learn this by heart, classic Who newbies, and you’ll be just fine:
— christhebarker (@christhebarker) March 19, 2017