The BBC Music Awards will be returning for the third year, and this time you’ll have the chance to enjoy the epic celebration of music from the comfort of your own home!
BBC America is thrilled to announce that the BBC Music Awards will be airing on the channel on Wednesday, December 14 at 10/9c. The show will tell the story of the past twelve months in music, with headline performances from some of 2016’s best-loved artists and featuring some of the year’s best-selling songs, including:
• John Legend, Grammy, Oscar and Golden Globe winning singer-songwriter
• Robbie Williams, multi-award winner and best-selling musical phenomenon, whose 11th studio album recently rose to the top of the charts
• Multi-platinum selling artist Craig David, whose new album Following My Intuition reached #1 on the U.K.’s Official Album Chart this year
• Mercury Prize nominees The 1975, whose critically acclaimed “I Like It When You Sleep, For You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware of It” reached Number 1 in the U.K. and U.S. album charts this year
• Multi-award winning indie rock band Kaiser Chiefs, who have achieved platinum record sales, Top Ten singles including Number 1 hit “Ruby” and in 2016 released their sixth studio album Stay Together
• Lukas Graham, whose hit single “7 Years” has catapulted the Danish ‘ghetto pop’ band to world-wide fame this year
• Global pop sensation Zara Larsson, who enjoyed worldwide success in 2016 with hit singles “Lush Life,” “Ain’t My Fault,” and duets with Tinie Tempah on “Girls Like” and David Guetta on “This One’s for You” — which saw her perform at the UEFA EURO 2016 opening and closing ceremonies
• Multi-platinum award winning singer-songwriter Emeli Sandé, who returned to the charts this year with the hit single “Hurts” from her upcoming hotly anticipated second album Long Live the Angels
Hosted by Fearne Cotton and Claudia Winkleman, the BBC Music Awards 2016 will feature five awards: BBC Music British Artist of the Year as decided by the BBC Music committee, Song of the Year voted for by members of the public, and BBC Music Introducing Artist of the Year decided by the BBC Music Introducing panel, BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge Performance of the Year voted by the radio 1 Playlist Committee, and BBC Radio 2 Album of the Year voted for by the Radio 2 Playlist Committee.
Are you updating your playlists?Read More