Instagram recently shared the 10 most-liked photos from 2015, which were all posted by women, mostly made up of the Kardashian clan and Taylor Swift, with a nod to Beyoncé and Selena Gomez.
Let’s take a look back at 2015 through the eyes of some of our favorite celebs and their Instagram snaps, ranging from fun and funny to fashionable and sometimes just plain sweet.
1. James Corden helps announce a new emoji.
2. Maisie Williams throws back on her birthday.
happy birthday to me👧🏻 lol A photo posted by @maisie_williams on
3. Drake throws out a term of endearment for Anna Wintour.
Me and bae 💰 A photo posted by champagnepapi (@champagnepapi) on
4. Jenna Coleman enjoys some time with the TARDIS.
#tardistime ❤️ @bbcdoctorwho @doctorwho_bbca A photo posted by Jenna Coleman (@jenna_coleman_) on
5. Leonardo DiCaprio has some face-to-face time.
6. Mindy Kaling goes through teenage angst in her 30s.
That zit cream in your 30’s life. At least I’m not going on the Tonight Show later today. 🙄 A photo posted by Mindy Kaling (@mindykaling) on
7. Aziz Ansari pays tribute to his parents.
My dad took off most of his vacation time for the year to act in Master of None. So I’m really relieved this all worked out. Tonight after we did Colbert together he said: “This is all fun and I liked acting in the show, but I really just did it so I could spend more time with you.” I almost instantly collapsed into tears at the thought of how much this person cares about me and took care of me and gave me everything to give me the amazing life I have. I felt like a total piece of garbage for all the times I haven’t visited my parents and told them I wanted to stay in New York cause I’d get bored in SC. I’m an incredibly lucky person and many of you are as well. Not to beat a dead horse here and sorry if this is cheesy or too sentimental but if your parents are good to you too, just go do something nice for them. I bet they care and love you more than you realize. I’ve been overwhelmed by the response to the Parents episode of our show. What’s strange is doing that episode and working with my parents has increased the quality of my relationship to my parents IN MY REAL LIFE. In reality, I haven’t always had the best, most open relationship with my parents because we are weirdly closed off emotionally sometimes. But we are getting better. And if you have something like that with your family – I urge you to work at it and get better because these are special people in your life and I get terrified when my dad tells me about friends of his, people close to his age, that are having serious health issues, etc. Enjoy and love these people while you can. Anyway, this show and my experiences with my parents while working on it have been very important in many ways and I thank for you the part you all have played in it. A photo posted by @azizansari on
8. Ricky Gervais pays tribute to his cat.
Just laying on the floor with the cat. A photo posted by Ricky Gervais (@rickygervais) on
9. Sir Ian McKellen gives a shout out to kittens.
The world needs more kitten photos. A photo posted by Ian McKellen (@ianmckellen) on
10. Idris Elba shows off another talent.
Glastonbury Sonic Stage!! My Love! My Passion! A photo posted by Idris Elba (@idriselba) on
11. Rebel Wilson provides life hacks.
Took a little stroll today in Central Park #NYC #HowToBeSingle A photo posted by Rebel Wilson (@rebelwilson) on
12. Sir Patrick Stewart keeps his hands clean. (Click photo to watch video.)
gelato game on fleek A video posted by Patrick Stewart (@sirpatstew) on
13. Niall Horan lives the dream on Instagram.
Suit fitting A photo posted by Niall horan (@niallhoran) on
14. Chris Pratt Instagrams family time.
Happy boy, happy wife, happy life, porch swing. #CanIGetAHashtag Proverbs 22:6 A photo posted by chris pratt (@prattprattpratt) on
15. Elizabeth Banks posts a video #MockingJayPharaoh. (Click photo to watch video.)
We’re just playing @JayPharoah !! @nbcsnl likes to have fun! #MockingJayPharoah A video posted by Elizabeth Banks (@elizabethbanks) on
16. Emma Watson has more than one side to her.
#Repost @sarahslutsky with @repostapp. ・・・ Television junket continues! Love this chic little @Erdemlondon dress created from fabrics sourced in Italy and produced in Portugal! The suppliers and producers of these bad-ass boots by @Alexawagnershoes are located in Milan. Alexa Wagner is proud of their quality control systems, the excellent workspace and atmosphere provided for their employees. Jewels from @MoniquePean who strives to raise awareness of art, culture and global environmental issues through design, and is committed to partnering with artisans around the world to support traditional craftsmanship. Love this Feminine/Masculin Bag (because traits of both is beautiful!) by @clarevivier who roots herself in the Los Angeles design community, where her line has been made exclusively since 2008. Team on #beauty @charlottehayward @visapyyapy 💁 A photo posted by Emma Watson (@emmawatson) on
17. Russell Tovey masters the humble brag.
Another shot stolen from @deanhau because I know how much you guys hate these pics… A photo posted by Russelltovey (@russelltovey) on
18. Laverne Cox inspires and is inspired on Instagram.
It was awesome meeting you and your family last night Corey at #OaklandUniversity. I watched a few of your youtube videos today. It was great to find out more about you story. Sending lots of love to you and your Awesome family. #TransIsBeautiful @Regrann from @justanordinary_girl – Such an amazing night! So honored and blessed to have been able to meet my biggest idol. She is such an inspiration to all #transgender people. #transisbeautiful #lavernecox #coreymaison #stayinthelove #Regrann A photo posted by laverne cox (@lavernecox) on
19. Adele announces her new tour with a slight yet funny flub. (Click photo to watch video.)
UK & EU, go to live.adele.com for details A video posted by @adele on
20. Kristian Bruun posts his snack attack.
Tasty Tardis. #BAFTA #TVTea #DrWho #BBCAmerica #OrphanBlack #Emmys #TooManyHashtags #Tardis A photo posted by Kristian Bruun (@bonnycastle) on
21. Harry Shum Jr. mixes it up with a dance break. (Click photo to watch video.)
22. Lady Gaga kicks up her martini-clad blue suede shoes.
In Vegas with Tony for Sinatra’s Birthday. So I’m basically in heaven, bring me a scotch and a dame dammit it’s almost midnight. A photo posted by The Countess (@ladygaga) on
23. Cara Delevigne stands up for herself with the social platform.
Me all the time VS me very rarely A photo posted by Cara Delevingne (@caradelevingne) on
24. Amy Schumer acts like a turkey (literally). (Click photo to watch video.)
25. David Beckham and his dog Olive get into the spirit.
Even olive is getting into the festivities 🎅🏼 A photo posted by David Beckham (@davidbeckham) on
26. Emilia Clarke embraces Kristen Wiig embracing Daenerys Targaryen.
Kristin wiig? I LOVE HER! #meat,rawmeat #jimmyfallonforever book me my ticket for ‘welcome to me’ please.. A photo posted by @emilia_clarke on
27. Chris Hemsworth gets out of shape for a movie role.
Just tried a new diet/training program called “Lost At Sea”. Wouldn’t recommend it.. #IntheHeartoftheSea @zocothebodypro A photo posted by Chris Hemsworth (@chrishemsworth) on
28. Seth Green reunites with Buffy co-star Sarah Michelle Gellar.
Ran into my dear friend @sarahmgellar at #NYCC2015 Check out her @foodstirs boxes & witness her food prep social revolution! #foodstirs A photo posted by Seth Green (@sethgreen) on
29. Rune Temte shares his Lego self.
Thanks for making this😀 @coffee_ketchup A photo posted by Rune Temte (@runetemte) on
30. Justin Timberlake flexes his dad muscles.
FLEXIN’ on Fathers Day… #HappyFathersDay to ALL of the Dads out there from the newest member of the Daddy Fraternity!! –JT A photo posted by Justin Timberlake (@justintimberlake) on
What was your best Instagram moment of 2015 so far? Please share!Read More