Welcome to this week’s Doctor Who’s Day roundup. A veritable avalanche of Time Lord trivia, gathered up from the hidden vortexes and tiniest wormholes of the internet.
And this week, amid a tearful reaction to “Hell Bent,” the season finale of Doctor Who, we see fans doing what they do best. First they get sad, then they get creative. They start with drawings to get their feelings out:
And then, especially in an episode that features music as part of the story, they reach for the guitars and commence strumming. Most particularly, they’ve been playing the Doctor’s composition (via Murray Gold) “Clara,” or as it’s now known, “Clara, A Sad Song.”
• This, from Meowserlot™
• This, from jakku otaku:
• And this, from Sébastien Vivien:
• Here are 10 things you may not know about the episode.
• And Doctor Who site’s Who Diary.
And here’s what else has been going on in space and time this week:
• Peter Capaldi looks to the future and has a think about which Doctor Who monsters he’d like the Twelfth Doctor to do battle with:
• Something unpleasant happened to Karen Gillan at work:
— Karen Gillan (@karengillan) December 3, 2015
• David Tennant says he feels quite “liberated” to be playing a baddy in Marvel’s Jessica Jones.
• Maisie Williams came back!
• And therefore so was #Maisiecam, especially in the other TARDIS, the one stolen by the Doctor and Clara:
• How to build a TARDIS in the desert in about a minute:
• Peter Capaldi likes his new sonic screwdriver:
• My hardest scene to shoot, by Jenna Coleman:
• And her best moments, including hanging out with Santa:
• Here’s the official trailer for “The Husbands of River Song”:
• And the ‘next time’ trailer:
• And look, River’s back in the TARDIS!
• Jessica Chobot of Nerdist News loves her TARDIS dress:
— Jessica Chobot (@JessicaChobot) December 7, 2015
• Arthur Darvill’s time traveling turn in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow now has its own poster:
— TheWrap (@TheWrap) December 4, 2015
• The Doctor befriends a sprout (as part of this trailer for BBC Christmas TV shows):
• And while we’re looking over the TV listings, here’s a special video to end this week’s roundup. Made by Lego animator Morgan Spence, it shows a Lego Doctor and a Lego Clara finding out all about the wonders of BBC TV (including Doctor Who, naturally):