Looking older but as sharp-witted and energetic as ever, the five living members of Britain’s beloved Monty Python were the …Read Now
WATCH: Prince Harry and Mayor Boris Johnson Play Around at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
Prince Harry and Mayor Boris Johnson swung by the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, which is set to officially reopen tomorrow, April 5, reports BBC News.
The park has been closed for 18 months since the end of the London 2012 Olympic Games. During that time renovations have been made including the addition of the Tumbling Bay Playground where the two men were swarmed by children visiting from Gainsborough Primary School.
Prince Harry commented on the changes saying, “I think it was fantastic the way it was, but the amount of money spent on the creativity has brought it to life. I think members of the public will get a chance to come through here; the kids absolutely adore it.”
Mayor Johnson said a few words to kick off the weekend in the video below:
In addition to the play space, there’s plenty of activities for adults:
- Swim in the wake of champions at the London Aquatics Centre
- Sign up for the gym, play badminton or see live sport at the Copper Box Arena
- Walk around the beautiful northern parklands with their lawns and riverside wetlands
- Relax with food and drink at the Timber Lodge Café
- Experience all four cycling disciplines at Lee Valley VeloPark
- Climb to the top of the U.K.’s tallest sculpture, the Arcelormittal Orbit.
Here are some fun snaps of Prince Harry and Johnson playing around:
What do you think of the additions to the park?