Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
Well, it’s that time of year again when post-Christmas wallets are weighed up and paperwork is gathered for the filing …Read Now
It is said that a positive review from British restaurant critic Giles Coren can be worth $1 million to an …Read Now
It’s accepted that we have British English and American English, but, in written communication, there’s more than just language differences. …Read Now
Hands up who’s pulled themselves back together after “The Time of the Doctor” then? No one? Thought not.
Well, let’s get ourselves through this roundup of reactions and revelations as best we can, and see how we’re feeling at the end of it.
For starters, Tasha Lem wants to wish you a merry Christmas:
And did you see this deleted scene, in which Clara and the Doctor discuss Christmas dinner?
This one is particularly good at capturing a moment:
Source: deathsdaleks on Tumblr
• BBC America have been pulling together tributes from fans to Matt Smith, on the occasion of his departure. There are over 1600 of them, and they make compelling reading.
A particular favorite came from Keri, who wrote: “You didn’t act your age. You spoke baby and horse. You were Kind, lonely, and infinitely cool. Thank you!”
And they fed into this lovely thing, an infographic using the most often-repeated words:
And it’s available as an e-card too.
• The Eighth Doctor and Sarah Jane Smith have been added to Doctor Who: Legacy.
• Want to know how they managed to get Matt Smith to look so old? Come this way.
• Want to relive all the other regenerations? Take a look, helpfully placed in the order that they happened to the Doctor.
And of course, this:
• But if you’re feeling fragile, do not watch the Behind the Lens feature on “The Time of the Doctor,” because once Matt Smith starts to well up, there’s a chance you might too:
TTFN! And a happy new year!