Broadchurch star Olivia Colman is set to star in the film adaptation of 2011’s National Theatre’s stage production of London Road. …Read Now
Royal Roundup: Turning the Cameras on Reporters as They Await the Royal Birth
The world’s media has been outside of St. Mary’s Hospital for a few weeks now, patiently awaiting the birth of the royal child. The BBC’s Royal Correspondent, Nicholas Witchell, is one of the many reporters stationed waiting for the royal birth. He mentions that there are many photographers, stepladders, film crews, and cameras present outside the Lindo Wing of St. Mary’s Hospital.
- Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, mentioned during a visit to Little Harbour children’s hospice in Cornwall yesterday that she hopes that Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, will give birth “by the end of the week,” says People. The Duchess and Prince Charles visit Cornwall and Devon each summer.
- Prince Harry and Dominic West are apparently going to be racing to the South Pole. The event will take place in November and work to benefit charity. You can read more about it here.
- CNN has an article on “Everything You Ever Wanted To Know” about the royal birth.
- Now that it’s popularly believed that the Duchess’ due date has past, Fox takes a look at the medical side of the last few weeks of pregnancy.
- When Prince William was born, it was already well known that he would be second in line to succeed the British throne. That in mind, he’s never been far from the public eye. CNN looks at his life in photos.
- In light of the new legislation which has overturned centuries of English male primogeniture, the royal child will become third in line to the British throne regardless of sex. Washington Post discusses how this law has effected history, and speculates as to what might have happened had firstborn daughters been allowed to rule all along, instead of being passed over in favor of their younger brothers.
- Marie Claire looks at what they have decided are some of the “cutest royal baby photos,” which include Queen Elizabeth II, Prince William, and even some of the younger royals.
- Vintage newsreels featured footage of Queen Elizabeth II shortly after her birth in 1926, including photos of her with her mother, the then Duchess of York. Take a look here.
- ABC spoke with photographer Chris Jackson, who has taken many iconic photos of the expecting Duke and Duchess.