Looking older but as sharp-witted and energetic as ever, the five living members of Britain’s beloved Monty Python were the …Read Now
Royal Roundup: The Press Awaits the Royal Birth
As Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge approaches her due date it seems that those awaiting the royal birth are becoming increasingly restless. So much so that despite the fact that parking has been suspended outside the hospital where the Duchess will deliver her child, US Weekly reports that the press has resorted to camping out across the street to secure their spots for an eventual first glimpse at the heir to the British throne.
- The BBC reports that the Finnish government has sent the expecting Duke and Duchess a baby box, something Finland gives to every expectant mother in their country. It has been suggested that the box should be credited for Finland’s world low infant mortality rate. In February of last year, Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden were also given one while they were expecting Princess Estelle.
- While the expected delivery date is around July 13, should the Duchess deliver early a helicopter will fly her 70 minutes away to London’s Saint Mary’s Hospital.
- What with all this betting on the sex, name, hair color, eye color, and other things about the royal child, US Weekly is offering the chance to win a cruise if you can correctly guess the birth date and weight of the Duke and Duchess’ child. Plus, the seven day Caribbean vacation is on the Princess Cruises’ Royal Princess, which was christened by the Duchess.
- Retailers have continued to manufacture some bizarre items in anticipation of the royal birth. A Time article on the wacky souvenirs includes a Guardsman sleep suit and a children’s book.
- The internet and magazines have been overflowing with photos of Prince William in his infancy since the announcement of the Duchess’ pregnancy, but have you seen any of US Weekly’s photographs of the young Duchess herself?
- How will Lupo, the royal dog, share the spotlight when the royal baby arrives? ABC looks at the Duke and Duchess’ love for their dog and makes some suggestions on how to get the family pet ready for a new baby.