Brenda Blethyn returns to the U.S. in season five of Vera on Monday, July 6, and she’s asking all the …Read Now
Royal Roundup: Duchess of Cambridge to be Honored by Her Hometown of Bucklebury
The world continues to wait for the birth of the heir to the British throne, but in the meantime, Bucklebury Parish Council member Berry Dickens announced that the town plans to celebrate Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge’s royal marriage and royal birth by “placing wooden gates at the entrance to The Avenue in Bucklebury, and the erection of an ornamental village sign,” reports Marie Claire. Bucklebury, which is located in Berkshire, is the Duchess’ hometown as well as where her parents, Carole and Mike Middleton, currently live.
- According to E! Online, nearly £1 million ($1.5 million) have been spent in bets on the date, name, gender, weight, and even future occupation of the royal child.
- While the couple will most likely move into Kensington Palace after the royal child arrives, as of right now the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are still believed to be residing with the Duchess’ parents in Bucklebury, mentions BBC.
- Amsterdam-based stroller manufacturer, Bugaboo, expects a large increase in sales soon after the Duke and Duchess eventually take their new child for a stroll. Making an appearance with the Bugaboo pram the Duchess purchased for the baby will likely cause the stroller to sell out quickly, much like many of the other baby items the Duchess has been seen buying.
- In an interview with The Telegraph, many reporters note the breadth of countries awaiting the royal child outside St. Mary’s Hospital.
- As time goes by, the royal baby memorabilia market has only expanded. From a nursery-themed suite at the Grosvenor House Hotel to a sterling silver baby carriage charm, these vendors are going mad for the royal birth.
- The Telegraph takes a look at how the royal birth is expected to bring the United Kingdom together, much like the way the London Olympics of 2012 fostered harmony.