We already enjoy the antics of established bromances between Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart as well as James McAvoy and Michael …Read Now
Royal Roundup: Baby Memorabilia To Hit the Market
The royal child has not even been born yet, but the world is already going mad with excitement. That’s right, not just Britain, but the world.
- A wave of memorabilia has found its way into the consumer market to commemorate the upcoming birth of the heir to the British throne. The Duke and Duchess have given their approval to the production of items marking the birth of their child, and the range of items being produced are considerable. Some of the more notable collector’s items can be viewed here.
- The owners of U.K. company mamasandpapas.com offer nursery gift recommendations for the expecting royal parents.
- The sex of the child is still unknown, but that has not stopped many from making speculations as to the baby’s potential name. While a number of names hold great familial and historical significance to the Duke and Duchess, bookies are betting on “Elizabeth” or “Alexandria” if the child is a girl, and “Charles” or “George” if the child is a boy.
- Parking in the bays in front of the private Lindo Wing of St. Mary’s Hospital in Paddington, Central London has been suspended in anticipation of the media coverage that will swarm the hospital later this month when the Duchess gives birth to the royal child.
- The Duke and Duchess are expected to move with their new child to Kensington Palace in the fall. The royal child also already has a personal lullaby. Time offers more interesting facts in their article on “10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About the Royal Baby.”
- The Museum of London opened an exhibit called “A Royal Arrival” this weekend, which features a number of items worn by royal children.
- The royal child will be the joining the illustrious company of a few other young future kings, queens, and other rulers from around the world.