Following the royal birth yesterday afternoon, The Duke, Duchess, and Prince of Cambridge have received their first visitors, Carole and Michael Middleton, the Duchess’ parents, reports BBC . Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall also visited later on. The child’s grandparents visited the couple and their newborn in St. Mary’s Hospital, where the Duke and Duchess have remained since the birth, thanking the Hospital for their “tremendous care.” They are expected to make their first appearance with the royal child sometime this afternoon or tomorrow morning.
- BBC caught up with Prince Charles on his visit to Yorkshire with Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, where, when greeted with congratulations on becoming a Grandfather and questioned as to how he was feeling the Prince replied, “I’m thrilled, it’s very exciting.”
- President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama offered the Duke and Duchess congratulations on the birth of their first child and heir to the British throne, wishing them “all the happiness and blessings parenthood brings.”
- Twitter mentioned that in the moments following the royal birth, there were more than 25,300 tweets per minute joining the conversation about the news. The social media network also stated that, “Since the Duchess was admitted to hospital, that hashtag alone [#RoyalBaby] has been used more than 900,000 times on Twitter.”
- Ahead of the Changing of the Guard today, guardsmen played “Congratulations” at Buckingham Palace to welcome the royal child, mentions BBC.
- The announcement of the royal birth stirred crowds throughout the world and set global attractions aglow to honor the birth of the heir to the British throne. BBC looks at some of the international celebrations.
- What does the future hold for the Prince of Cambridge? BBC takes a look at what may be in store for the newborn heir to the British throne.
Here are some photos of celebrations of the royal birth:Read More