Latest in Anglophenia Video SeriesView All Episodes
The Latest from Mind The Gap
America’s British population has taken to the web to voice its displeasure at news that U.S. candy giant Hershey has successfully blocked our much loved U.K.-produced chocolate from being exported to the land of the free.Read Now
In the middle of his road trip across America, British filmmaker James Coulson decided he’d seen enough—and applied for U.S. …Read Now
Well, it’s that time of year again when post-Christmas wallets are weighed up and paperwork is gathered for the filing …Read Now
• Congratulations are in order: David Tennant won an Emmy this past Friday (June 14) for his voicing Huyang the droid in the animated series Star War: The Clone Wars.
(Note: he isn’t the first Emmy winner among the Doctors, as Christopher Eccleston won an International Emmy in 2011 for Accused.)
• Did you see Karen Gillan in the trailer for her new movie Not Another Happy Ending?
• She’s interviewed in the Scottish Herald, talking about the movie, and offers this thought about the lack of Daleks in her jobs these days: “I do actually really miss them. There’s nothing more fun than running away from a monster … that you can’t actually see at the time.”
• The Doctor Who website has devoted an entire area to the shenanigans of the Master.
• Sunday was Father’s Day, so we pulled together some of the best Dads of Doctor Who. And then had a few misty moments finding appropriate clips.
• Doctor Who for math nerds:
• Meanwhile, WhatCulture are running a feature on the Eleventh Doctor’s most impressive speeches.
• io9 has a list of science fiction-themed restaurants, and naturally there’s a Doctor Who one.
• Time for a song — albeit one you have to make yourselves. How about the Who theme, arranged for a brass quintet?
• BBC News has a nice interview with Katy Manning — the former Jo Grant — about filming the (now newly-restored) The Mind of Evil at Dover Castle in Kent.
• Are you in New York City tonight (June 18th)? Got a free evening and a head full of Whovian nonsense? Head on over to Highland Park for the Doctor Who trivia night, and pronto!
• Colin Baker (the Sixth Doctor) and Daphne Ashbrook (Grace Holloway) were a hit at Denver Comic-Con last week. Daphne even started their section with an a capella song or two (although not the Who theme, which is probably a blessing).
• The National Space Centre has dedicated this year’s annual unofficial Lego-fest Brickish Weekend to Doctor Who. There will almost definitely be a run on the blue bricks.
• Let’s end with a couple of those fan-made compilation videos that looks back over recent history. They always give us goosebumps. First, the Eleventh Doctor years:
• Second, a sort of ‘where are we headed next?’ mash-up:
• And finally, the whole damn shooting match: