In this past Saturday’s episode penned by Neil Gaiman, the Cybermen returned and were blown to bits, their technology seemingly obliterated while at the same time — and rather thrillingly — not quite atomized. Also, Clara got a proposal and the Doctor played chess against himself and won. AND it’s cleared the way for Saturday’s season finale.
And here’s the behind-the-scenes report:
And here’s the trailer for this Saturday’s finale:
Here’s what else is going on in space and time this week (now with added Vine!):
• Did you see the Doctor Who tribute at the BAFTA TV awards?
• In response to all of those Ryan Gosling Vines over the weekend, David Tennant wants to eat my cereal:
But Christopher Eccleston doesn’t:
• Wondered who designed those fabulous Doctor Who movie posters this past season? Meet the guy behind them.
• Ever fancied having a go at writing the next massive British drama blockbuster TV series? Well, we’ve pulled together a few common threads across everything from Doctor Who to Downton Abbey, to give you a few pointers.
• MATT SMITH HAS SHAVED HIS HAIR OFF (for a part in a film).
• Wanna see an amazing Cyberman/Iron Man mashup?
• Radio Times has spotted that David Tennant likes to differentiate between his onscreen roles by dying his hair. Many, many colors.
• Cooking has never been quite this adventurous, thanks to sneakyzebra:
• Sunday was, of course, Mother’s Day. Here’s our tribute to the greatest mums in Doctor Who history. One of which stretches the definition of ‘mum’ way beyond breaking point.
• Tablet is claiming the Doctor as “the greatest Jewish character in the history of television.”