• Kate Winslet, Emma Thompson and Rachel Weisz have bonded over the issue of plastic surgery for female actresses. They have formed what they’re calling The British Anti-Cosmetic Surgery League, and resolve never to fall prey to the surgeon’s knife.
Kate told the Independent: “It goes against my morals, the way that my parents brought me up and what I consider to be natural beauty. I will never give in.”
• Ricky Gervais is clearly a man with an astonishing address book. After filling his last sitcom Extras with top drawer A-listers like David Bowie, Robert De Niro and Ben Stiller, he’s now signed up an astonishing list of people for the follow-up, Life’s Too Short.
So far, he’s managed to nab Sting, Johnny Depp, Steve Carrell and Liam Neeson, and now it appears that Helena Bonham Carter will be joining them.
Ricky also said, of the show’s star: “if Warwick Davies isn’t the comedy sensation of next year, I’ll eat Johnny Depp’s hat.” (via This Is London)
• Liam Gallagher is clearly not a man you want to get on the wrong side of. After brother Noel told reporters that he’d blown out an Oasis festival appearance because he had a hangover, Liam first demanded a public apology, and, as Noel has not responded, has now taken the matter up in the High Court.
He told the press: “I was gutted when I couldn’t play the gig because I didn’t want to let the fans down. The truth is I had laryngitis, diagnosed by a doctor, preventing me performing that night.” (via Glamour)
• They’ve just started filming the first major action sequences in War War Z, starring Brad Pitt. It’s a zombie flick, and the Scottish city is supposed to be filling in for Philadalphia. (via The Herald Scotland)
• Psst! Twilight fans! Do you want to see some backstage shots from the set of Twilight: Breaking Dawn? You DO? Smashing
• When Danny Met Harry: Daniel Craig was star-struck when he first met Harrison Ford on the set of Cowboys and Aliens. (via the Belfast Telegraph)
• The identity of Daniel Radcliffe’s girlfriend has been revealed by the Mail, she’s Rosanne Coker, a production assistant on the Harry Potter films. Of course, the Mail being the Mail, they call her “a 22-year-old painter and decorator’s daughter,” as if this somehow means she’s not worthy of his affection.
• Kate Moss spent £8 million ($13 million) on her mansion in Highgate, North London, but she’s fighting the town council to make £2.5 million ($4.1 million) worth of renovations. Neighbors are criticizing Moss’s plans to “pimp-up” the house by adding a luxury gym in the basement and satelitte TV, says The Telegraph. The property has a storied past: its previous owners included poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge (who tried to kick his cocaine habit there) and author J.B. Priestley.