While the news of Downton Abbey coming to an end may still be sinking in, there is something we should all remember: there …Read Now
News Roundup: Rowan Atkinson Survives Car Crash and U2 Readies Deluxe ‘Achtung Baby’ Anniversary Sets
Rowan Atkinson is receiving treatment in hospital after he crashed his car in Cambridgeshire. He was driving his McLaren F1 along an A-road near Peterborough yesterday (August 4), and lost control. The car hit a tree and caught fire.
Luckily, despite a minor shoulder injury, he was able to get out of the car, and waited with a passing motorist until an ambulance arrived. (via BBC News)
• SkyLiving also has some lovely paparazzi shots of Dame Helen Mirren taking a break from her current job –— the Phil Spector movie — by playing hopscotch. Clearly this is how you get to look that good for that long, by unleashing your inner child at all times.
• Mitch Winehouse has revealed that he’s setting up a foundation to filter the income from his daughter Amy‘s recordings out to various charities that she herself would have supported. Her version of “Body and Soul,” a duet with Tony Bennett, will go to the foundation, the offices of which will be in Amy’s Camden flat. (via The Evening Standard)
• U2 is working on a huge box set to commemorate the 20th anniversary of their 1991 album, Achtung Baby, with multiple CDs and DVDs, postcards, buttons and stickers… and a pair of replica sunglasses like Bono wore in the “The Fly” video. (via NME)
• Emma Watson may have not finished college yet, but she’s already looking to the next challenge in life: starting a family. She told Company Magazine: “I have very strong family values and I definitely hope that will be in my future. I can’t wait to be a mum and have my own family one day.” (via Digital Spy)
• Watson’s Harry Potter co-star Rupert Grint is now a hair metal rocker? We kid. But he did don some guyliner and a bandana when attending a gig by parody metal band Steel Panther recently. (via The Sun)
• In this summer’s Mr. Popper’s Penguins — starring Jim Carrey — we see Ophelia Lovibond play Angela Lansbury‘s assistant. And on the set, Lovibond says the 85-year-old Lansbury kept everyone thoroughly entertained.
“She kept doing this thing – like Morecambe and Wise when they run and click their heels to the side – she kept doing that all the time,” Lovibond shared with The Press Association. “She’s pretty sprightly. When we were shooting in the Guggenheim we didn’t wrap one night until maybe 6 am I think, and she did that walking out of the Guggenheim.”
• Man Vs. Wild host Bear Grylls is a proud dad this week. His oldest son, seven-year-old Jesse, is a hero after coming to the assistance of a pal who fell into a stream. (STV)