Look at that face! If you had to cast someone to play a character called the Ancient One, a mystical …Read Now
Royal Roundup: William and Kate Make Impromptu Stop at Slave Lake
The royal couple were originally slated to have a day to themselves, but Prince William and Kate wanted to visit the small northern Alberta town of Slave Lake, which was hit by horrific wildfires this past May. Slave Lake’s 7,000 residents were forced to evacuate, while hundreds of homes and businesses were lost in the costly blaze.
AFP reports that the new agenda was put into place after trip organizers were “assured that the couple’s presence would not disrupt the recovery.” And during their two-hour stay, Will and Kate toured the devastated area and also met with locals and other rescue personnel.
In other royal-related news:
• Prior to departing Yellowknife, William and Kate enjoyed some quiet time on Eagle Island on Tuesday evening (July 5). The royal newlyweds canoed across Blachford Lake to indulge in a private campfire dinner of “local cranberries, bannock bread and Caribou steaks,” The Daily Mail reports.
• The Daily Telegraph‘s Kate Shapland applauds Kate’s chic sense of style, but her dreadfully heavy eye makeup has got to go. “Sorry, it’s said now – I’ve outed the elephant in the room. Kate needs to revisit her eye and brow makeup, because at the moment it’s too dark, too heavy and too ageing.”
• Can’t get enough of the Duchess’ royal tour wardrobe? The Daily Mirror gives us a thorough photo recap of what she’s worn so far.
• London psychic Amber Garnet has examined William and Kate’s palms. Read on to learn who’s more skeptical of the two and who has a hard time showing their feelings.
• Prince Harry is such a gentleman. When attending the Wireless Festival at London’s Hyde Park last weekend, he allowed 10-year-old Mia Solli to sit on his shoulders for two songs during the Black Eyed Peas set, The Sun reports. But prior to lending a helping hand, the dashing ginger prince reportedly told Solli, “If you fall down it’s not my fault! Are we cool?” Awww!