It’s his birthday (April 18). What further excuse do we need for a wallow in some of David Tennant‘s greatest …Read Now
Royal Roundup: ‘Quiet’ Life for William and Kate After North American Trip
The Daily Telegraph reports that the royal couple “will carry out no more than ‘one or two’ public engagements per month for the rest of the year.” William will resume his duties with the Royal Air Force near their Anglesey, North Wales residence, while his bride is expected to take on several of his charitable causes.
A representative from St. James’s Palace also revealed that Wills and Kate’s preference in keeping a low profile over the next several months is to give William’s grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, the floor as she preps for her Diamond Jubilee celebration in 2012.
“They are very conscious to make sure that the run-up to 2012 is the Queen’s year,” the spokesperson confirmed. “She quite rightly should be in spotlight.”
In other royal-related news:
• We can only imagine the amount of visitors that little Harper Seven Beckham has received since coming into the world on Sunday (July 10). And according Metro, William and Kate are slated to meet David and Victoria‘s baby girl when the family heads back to Britain later this year.
• This weekend, Harry Potter devotees around the globe will take in the second and final part of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. One individual that’s particularly sad about the series’ conclusion is Prince Charles. The Prince of Wales thinks it’s “awful” that there are “no more books to come.”
• British milliner Philip Treacy is speaking out again regarding Princess Beatrice‘s world-famous royal wedding fascinator. He recently told The Guardian’s Observer that he was quite surprised at the amount of scrutiny Bea received for wearing his specially-created design: “I felt hurt for her. She is only 22 and there was a little bit of bullying going on. I didn’t give a f*** about 140,000 bloggers. In the future, we’ll look back and think she looked wild.”
• Now that we know that Stewart Parvin is in charge of Zara Phillips‘ wedding dress, it’s time to move on to the hair. Yasmine, a stylist and the owner of Glasgow’s Rainbow Room, tells STV that Princess Anne‘s daughter may go for the “classic French twist up-do.”
• With The Queen previously immortalized in a toast-and-marmite portrait, we suppose it was only a matter of time until Pippa Middleton was honored with her own food-inspired version. UK restaurant chain, Beefeater Grill, has paid tribute to the royal bridesmaid, as well as her much-talked about derrière, with a massive mosaic made of “15,000 crumpets.”