While the news of Downton Abbey coming to an end may still be sinking in, there is something we should all remember: there …Read Now
Royal Roundup: Will and Kate Set Off on Seychelles Honeymoon?
Have the new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge finally dashed off to celebrate their life as newlyweds? While St. James Palace is staying mostly mum on the matter, The Daily Mail is speculating that William and Kate have embarked on a tropical 14-day excursion in Seychelles.
“We are not confirming and we are not commenting on speculation on where they may be going on their private honeymoon, we are just confirming that they have gone,” a royal representative confirmed. “The couple have asked that their privacy be respected during their honeymoon.”
Yesterday (May 9), William’s car and a police Range Rover with lots of luggage reportedly departed the couple’s current base in Anglesey, North Wales.
In other royal wedding-related news:
• The Black Eyed Peas’ Fergie likely had a better shot at a royal wedding invitation than than Sarah “Fergie” Ferguson. The Duchess of York lamented the snub during an interview with Oprah, scheduled to air on Wednesday (May 11). She reveals that she escaped to the jungles of Thailand to watch her nephew and his bride walk down the aisle. Her former husband, Prince Andrew, and her daughters, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, attended the nuptials without her.
“[It] was so difficult,” she told Oprah. “Because I wanted to be there with my girls… to be getting them dressed and to go as a family.” (Perhaps Sarah would have convinced Beatrice to forgo the octopus hat?)
For Sarah, William and Kate’s big day brought back memories of her 1986 wedding to Andrew at the Abbey. (Their scandal-ridden marriage ended in divorce in 1996.) “Also, it was so hard, because the last bride up that aisle was me.”
However, Sarah and her former husband remained in contact during the wedding festivities: “When Andrew went with the girls, we were talking all morning and he was saying, ‘It’s okay. Just remember we had such a good day. Our wedding was so perfect.’ Because we’re such a unit together. He made me feel very part of the day on April the 29th.” (US Magazine)
• If you’re still relishing in Will and Kate’s big day, perhaps you’ll want to switch your attention to another royal wedding happening on Wednesday (May 11) on South Park. The “Royal Pudding” episode, airing at 10 pm ET on Comedy Central, will highlight Canada’s royal nuptials. Here’s a look:
• Dame Helen Mirren earned an Oscar for portraying Queen Elizabeth II in 2007, but on Monday (May 9), she finally encountered the real deal, reports The Daily Mail. Welsh songstress Duffy, Jools Holland, Ellie Goulding and English actress Sheila Hancock were also on hand to meet Her Majesty, who was hosting a reception at Buckingham Palace honoring the country’s current generation artists and performers.
• And speaking of The Queen, the 85-year-old British monarch is more tech savvy than we know. After receiving a tutorial courtesy of her grandsons, Princes William and Harry, she is now the proud owner of an iPad. “The Queen hadn’t seen anything like the iPad before. She was very impressed,” a source confirmed. “She was particularly taken with how easy it was to use, the large screen and how light it was. For a woman of her age, she is very switched on. It was only a matter of time before she asked someone to go and get her one.” (The Sun)
• If you went gaga for the L.K. Bennett “Greta” wedges Kate wore ahead and after her royal wedding, good news! The London-based company will bring the famous shoes to the U.S. on June 1 for a pretty $265 (£162). Get on the waiting list now! (Racked)