The Top 5 TV One Liners of 2010
Some of Britain’s finest actors are fantastically quick at the mouth and we love them for it. Here’s a look back at some of BBC America’s most hilarious and memorable remarks of 2010.
5. “Dear God. What is it like in your funny little brains, it must be so boring.” – Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock
4. “Drugs on eggs on toast? Are you not worried it might lead to harder stuff? Beans on toast, maybe a sausage?” – Simon Bird as Will MacKenzie, The Inbetweeners
3. “The disembodied spirit of a dead woman is getting a job in the service industry. What could possibly go wrong?” – Being Human‘s Mitchell (Aidan Turner) says this of Annie the ghost (Lenora Crichlow), who’s looking for employment.
2. “I’m the Doctor, I’m worse than everybody’s aunt.” – Matt Smith as The Doctor, Doctor Who
1. That (Aston Martin Rapide) is like a ballet dancer, that (Maserati Quattroporte GTS) is like a mafia hitman, and that (Porsche Panamera) is like… someone who’s just been found at the bottom of a lake after two weeks.” – Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear
What was your favorite one liner of the year?