While the news of Downton Abbey coming to an end may still be sinking in, there is something we should all remember: there …Read Now
Roundup: Jay Kay Tells Off Cheryl Cole and Dannii Minogue
Jamiroquai marked its live comeback with "White Knuckle Ride" on Sunday night's episode of The X Factor, but Jay Kay, was already in the dog house prior to taking the stage.
The Daily Mail reports that judges Cheryl Cole and Dannii Minogue gave the skinny frontman the cold shoulder after his surly interview with The Sun, which featured Kay deeming them as 'f***ing useless.'
"What the f***. When have you ever done anything?" Kay said. "You're useless. The pair of you. 'I mean you look great and I'd like to f****** s**g you but that’s all."
Both Cole and Minogue failed to applaud Jamiroquai and talked throughout their entire show.
The 40-year-old singer seems to consider himself of a higher caliber as compared to the X Factor crowd, adding: "I just don’t like the w**** stuff I have to do. F****** X Factor and that."
Wow, Jay Kay. You're lucky X Factor even gave a s*** to have you on the show.
The foul-mouthed singer, who's had his share of run-ins with the paparazzi, also divulged to the The Sunday Mirror that he’d love to judge the reality talent show and that he'd be "brutal, relentless and ruthless."
Jamiroquai's first album in five years, Rock Dust Light Star, drops this week via Mercury Records.
In other news:
– Dance-pop chanteuse Rihanna might be following in Lady Gaga's footsteps and heading overseas. Apparently the "Umbrella" singer wants to set up shop in the UK and her assistants are currently scouring locations for her new abode.
"I spend more time over there [in London] than I spend in L.A., and that's where I live. London is more like my home," Rihanna told News of the World. (Digital Spy)
– Benedict Cumberbatch is becoming quite the sex symbol these days. But the Sherlock star, who poses for some ultra sexy shots in the December 2010 issue of Marie Claire UK, seems a little taken aback with his growing celebrity status.
"What's so funny is that Holmes is asexual,” Cumberbatch told the magazine. "So when you think that he's an asexual sociopath who's pretty dismissive of relationships, it's extraordinary to become a sex symbol playing him. It must be that treat-then-mean, keep-them-keen thing."
The 34-year-old Londoner has signed on for Danny Boyle's stage production of Frankenstein, starring opposite Jonny Lee Miller.
– It's been 15 years since they ruled the UK pop world with Robbie Williams, but Take That proves that they still have what it takes to create absolute mass hysteria. The pop fivesome earned the biggest live tour in UK and Irish history, after tickets for their upcoming UK tour went on sale over the weekend. Pandemonium ensued in mere seconds, crashing vendor websites and overloading the phone network. "We are speechless …truly and utterly shocked," Gary Barlow said in a statement. (The Guardian)
– Harry Potter stars Emma Watson and Rupert Grint might be more than friends after all. Ancestry experts have found research suggesting that the two actors share relatives from the Kilworth village in Leicestershire that dates back 200 years.
Nick Barratt, a family history researcher at Your Family History magazine, conducted the study and he says, 'It is very rare to take two people who have no other connection and find they have a link to a small village like this."
- The one and only Michael Flatley is returning to Lord of the Dance. The Irish-American step dancer and choreographer is coming back for a UK and European tour this fall, his first in 12 years.
"You can't explain the Lord of the Dance show," Flatley told The BBC. "It's big, bright, colorful, it’s a little rock and roll, it's theatrical … it's kind of impossible to explain, but it's good for all people of all ages."
We're glad you're back, dear Michael. Now bring it back to the States, why don't ya!