While the news of Downton Abbey coming to an end may still be sinking in, there is something we should all remember: there …Read Now
Roundup: Wedding Bells for ‘Daily Show’ comedian John Oliver
The Daily Show's John Oliver is getting hitched. The 33-year-old British comedian is set to marry his girlfriend of two years, former Iraq War veteran Kate Norley.
Oliver — who is slated to appear in Absolutely Anything, a comedy directed by Monty Python's Terry Jones — revealed his happy news at Comedy Central's "Night of Too Many Stars: An Overbooked Concert For Autism Education” event on Saturday. Oliver says he and Norley first met at the Republican National Convention in 2008 and got engaged during holiday in St. Thomas in July. (People)
In other news:
– Sir Winston Churchill, I always kind of figured you for some kind of rock star. And here you are, 45 years after your death, on Twitter AND the bloody UK pop charts! The RAF Central Band's Reach for the Skies LP, a 16-song set featuring some of Churchill's most famous Battle of Britain speeches, enters the charts at No. 4. Congratulations, dear Sir, for becoming the first prime minister to achieve such a thing. (BBC)
– In a recent Q&A session with The Guardian, Being Human’s Russell Tovey reveals a few personal secrets. The Essex-born actor loves being an uncle and indulges in smoking Silk Cut cigarettes from time to time. He also says that Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney would be his ideal choice in playing him in a sketch about his life. The biggest jaw-dropper? Apparently the bespectacled Tovey once shared a 'surprisingly hot' kiss with famed Rising Damp actress Frances de la Tour. WHAT???
Here's a look the English actress’ role as Miss Ruth Jones in Rising Damp:
– Any iPad fanatics out there? I desperately want one of these fancy Apple tablets. Comedian Stephen Fry quite enjoys them as well, so much in fact that he likens the experience to owning a dog. (Forbes' Tea & Tech blog)
– Congratulations to former Oasis axeman Noel Gallagher, who became a father for the third time over the weekend. His longtime partner, Scottish publicist Sara McDonald gave birth to the couple's second son, Sonny Patrick, who joins three-year-old big brother Donovan. Gallagher also has a 10-year-old daughter, Anais, from his previous marriage to Meg Mathews. (OK!)
– Newlywed Robbie Williams is currently enjoying being back with his former Take That bandmates after a 15-year hiatus. However, the British entertainer recounts the hysteria that surrounded the chart-topping boy band in its prime, divulging that he 'slept with a pistol and a hammer' in fear of being robbed by some crazed fan. (The Daily Record)
– The stunning Emily Blunt has been cast in Rian Johnson's (The Brothers Bloom) forthcoming suspense thriller, Looper. She'll play opposite Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Bruce Willis in the time-travel story set for a 2012 release. (The Hollywood Reporter)
– Today in trivia: Twenty-eight years ago today, The Smiths made their live debut at the Ritz in their hometown of Manchester, England.