Some of us make lists to stay organized throughout the week, but Simon Pegg and Lake Bell make lists to …Read Now
Roundup: Posh Gushes Over Becks Amidst Cheating Allegiations
As David and Victoria Beckham weather through what seems like a never-ending string of gossip regarding the strength of their 11-year marriage, Posh assures all of us that she and Becks are 'soul mates' who can survive all this nonsense. The former Spice Girl-turned-fashion designer raves about her hubby's sexy physique, too, in the November issue of Marie Claire: "He never looks like s*** in the morning. Never."
The Mum of Brooklyn, Romeo, and Cruz also scoffed at the suggestion that David's high-pitched voice can be particularly annoying, adding "I don't really notice [it]. I just think he's so *Goddam [sic] perfect that people have to find something wrong with him." Vic, you are so damn lucky, it's not even funny. (The Daily Mail)
In other news:
– Get those images of Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling out of your mind already. The Notebook came out ages ago! The 32-year-old Canadian beauty, who recently wrapped up production on the forthcoming Woody Allen film, Midnight In Paris, has seemingly paired up with her co-star, Michael Sheen. The folks over at The Frisky are giddy about this darling couple and have their reasons for championing Sheen …10 of them in fact.
The Welsh-born thespian is best known for portraying Tony Blair in the Oscar-nominated drama, The Queen. He and Kate Beckinsale dated for seven years before calling it quits in 2006. Midnight in Paris, also featuring Adrien Brody, Owen Wilson, and Marion Cotillard, is slated to premiere at Cannes in spring 2011.
– Desperate Housewives' Eva Longoria Parker will descend Madrid, Spain to host the 17th annual MTV Europe Music Awards on November 7th. As previously shared here, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry will face off in five categories, including best female, best song, and best video. Eminem leads the male nominations with four, while Muse will look bring home three awards. I'm rooting for the gorgeous boys in the synth-pop duo, Hurts, who are up against 2008 X Factor champion Alexandra Burke and rapper Professor Green for the Push Act award. Have a look at their video for their stunning "Better Than Love" and you'll see why.
Kings of Leon, Ke$ha and Kid Rock have also been added to the list of performers alongside Perry and Linkin Park.(BBC)
– The fabulous Emily Blunt and the equally fab Rachel Weisz have teamed up with writer and director Lynn Shelton (Humpday, My Effortless Brilliance) for her next project. The somewhat-improvised film is set to get underway in Seattle this month with Shelton's producer pal, Steven Schardt. As previously shared this week, newlywed Blunt has been cast alongside Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Bruce Willis in Looper. Next up for Weisz is the Larysa Kondracki-directed drama, The Whistleblower, which also stars Benedict Cumberbatch, Vanessa Redgrave, and Monica Bellucci. (Deadline)
– Lady Gaga (No. 7) bests Queen Elizabeth (No. 41) in Forbes magazine's "Most Powerful Women" list. Oh Gags, wasn't your red latex gown more than enough? First lady Michelle Obama reigns at No. 1, while Oprah Winfrey, Beyoncé, and Ellen DeGeneres also make the top ten.
– Simon Cowell, what a man! Lord Alan Sugar thinks he's special enough to be called "Sir" and fiancée Mezhgan Hussainy is likely to think the same thing about the often-brusque X Factor judge. Word on the street is that the pair are actively house-hunting for a love nest in the well-to-do area of Buckinghamshire. The price tag: an estimated $14 million. What a man, indeed. (The Sun)