Comedy Central’s The Daily Show appears to have a soft spot for expats, acting as an American career launching pad …Read Now
Roundup: Cherie Blair Sells Tony’s Autograph on eBay
Cherie Blair obviously has enough money to own seven homes with her husband, former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, but never mind her efforts in putting her famous spouse’s signature on eBay.
Mrs. Blair auctioned the autograph at the starting price of $39 (£25) and marketed it as as a “bookplate” that fits nicely inside Blair’s newly published life story, A Journey.
The Daily Mail reports that her eBay listing was posted as: "This bookplate has been signed by the former prime minister. This item fits perfectly in to Tony Blair’s new book. This is a hand-signed bookplate and not a (sic) autopen or copy."
Sad thing is, Blair's kid-like scribble only earned one bid and suffered two price cuts before selling at a measly $16. Who bought it is anyone's guess.
In other news:
– It looks like Ringo Starr's childhood home in Liverpool will be standing no more. The former Beatle's home will soon be demolished as it's the only one without protection. Fervent fans have somewhat destroyed much of the outside in their quest for potential mementos. (The Sun)
– The legendary 1964 Aston Martin DB5 made famous by James Bond star Sean Connery in Goldfinger and Thunderball is going up for auction today (October 27) in London, where the high-tech speedster is expected to take in over $5.5 million (£3.5 million). C'mon, you know you’ve always wanted to spin a ride with a revolving number plate and an ejector seat! (The BBC)
– Victoria Beckham has lived in the U.S. for three years now, and she seems to fit right in with some of America's most famous women. Yesterday (October 26), the English singer-turned-fashion designer attended the Women's Conference in California, remaining as posh as ever when surrounded by the likes of First Lady Michelle Obama, Maria Shriver, Oprah Winfrey, and former US First Lady Laura Bush. (The Daily Mail)
– Russell Brand and Katy Perry finally tied the knot last weekend, but not without a circulating list of rumors. E! Online has you covered when it comes the wackiest bits and bobs surrounding the couple's Indian nuptials.
– Call your lawyer, Sacha Baron Cohen. Er, Bruno? It seems that the controversial British comedian is being sued by cameraman Mike Skiff for damages following a fracas with a film crew while on the Bruno set in November 2008. Skiff is seeking more than $25,000 over physical and emotional trauma onset during a scene filmed at a pro-gay marriage rally in downtown Los Angeles. (The Metro)
– As fans continue to reel from Shia LaBeouf and Carey Mulligan's recent split, the British actress might just be moving on …with someone else. The Never Let Me Go star has been spotted hanging out with Tom Sturridge. The English actor is currently working on the film adaptation of Jack Kerouac's treasured book, On the Road, which also stars Sam Riley of the 2007 Joy Division biopic, Control. (Hello!)
by MacKenzie Wilson