While the news of Downton Abbey coming to an end may still be sinking in, there is something we should all remember: there …Read Now
Roundup: Lou Reed Ruins Susan Boyle’s “Perfect Day”?
- TMZ‘s reporting that Susan Boyle walked off America’s Got Talent because Lou Reed had refused permission to allow Boyle to sing his hit, “Perfect Day,” on the show. The reason? “He isn’t a Boyle fan,” a source tells TMZ. Boyle reportedly left the show in tears and caught a flight back to London.
- Did former British prime minister Tony Blair plagiarize lines from The Queen for his memoir, A Journey? Screenwriter Peter Morgan thinks Blair may have lifted lines from his fictional scene between Queen Elizabeth II and Blair. (The Daily Telegraph)
- If you were running a restaurant and Gordon Ramsay plopped down at one of your tables, wouldn’t you be a bit unnerved? Ramsay knows very well he has this effect on chefs: “They do freak out a bit. I don’t mean to put the fear of God into them and I play it simple with my order because I understand the pressure they’re under. But I do get a bit p*ssy when it’s 30 minutes and my starters aren’t on the table.” Don’t we all? (Digital Spy)
- Two Doctor Who favorites, Catherine Tate (ex-Donna) and writer Mark Gatiss, will star in a new production of Alan Ayckbourn‘s Season’s Greetings. (What’s On Stage)
- Whoopi Goldberg will return to the West End production of Sister Act. The Oscar winning panelist for The View left the production last month upon learning her mother had fallen ill; her mother sadly passed away last week. (The Stage)
- BAFTA will honor Betty White (love her, but yaaaawn) and Jeff Bridges at their L.A. Britannia Awards. (Variety)
- Victoria Wood and Vic Reeves will star in the Morecambe and Wise biopic as Morecambe’s parents. (BBC NEWS)
- Peggy Mitchell on the long-running BBC soap EastEnders could meet a fiery end in an explosive storyline. Actress Barbara Windsor is leaving the show. (BBC NEWS)