- Martin Scorsese is making a 3D children’s film with a British cast. As The Daily Telegraph reports, “Sir Ben Kingsley, Sir Christopher Lee, Jude Law, Ray Winstone, Sacha Baron Cohen, and Richard Griffiths will appear in the film, Hugo Cabret, alongside actresses Helen McCrory and Frances de la Tour.” Isn’t it ironic that, in his old age, Scorsese is slowly becoming Steven Spielberg? Better him than Woody Allen, I guess.
- Martin Scorsese singles Rupert Grint out from the Harry Potter cast as the actor with the greatest star potential, claiming he could become the next Leonardo DiCaprio. “When [DiCaprio] was in Romeo and Juliet, nobody saw him becoming a badass in movies like The Departed. But he has become one of the greatest actors of all time. The very same could be true for Rupert.”(Guardian)
- Is overuse of hair extensions causing Naomi Campbell to go bald? I’ve heard of people snatching folks’ hair weaves, but who knew that weaves could snatch back?(Guardian)
- Will Naomi Campbell be forced to testify in a “blood diamond” war crimes trial?(CNN)
- Is Oxford, the most prestigious university in the UK, also its most sexist? According to an article in The Times (reg. required), “The Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor are male, as are more than three quarters of the Pro-Vice-Chancellors. As for the top academic staff, only 9.5 per cent of professors are women. You might expect a tiny percentage in maths and science – it’s just 3.6 per cent – but in the humanities? Even there, only 14.8 per cent are female.”
- Led Zeppelin faces a plagiarism suit for their classic tune, “Dazed and Confused.”(Guardian)
- Can Russell Brand become a legitimate Hollywood star? The Guardian‘s Ben Child says he looks like “the genuine article.”
- Star Trek and Avatar star Zoe Saldana will marry her longtime British boyfriend, Keith Britton.(Daily Mail)
- John Lennon‘s solo catalog has been remastered and will be re-released on what would have been his 70th birthday.(BBC)
- Nicole Scherzinger (Pussycat Doll, Dancing with the Stars winner, and girlfriend of race car driver Lewis Hamilton) will be a guest judge on X Factor next week.(Digital Spy)
- Hot Welsh TV presenter Steve Jones wants a crack at hosting Simon Cowell‘s U.S. version of X Factor. Well, if he promises to be shirtless every week, I’d gladly launch a petition in his favor.
The Latest from Mind The Gap
Like many other Brits looking to make a name in show business, Andy Walmsley first tried his luck in Los […]Read Now
Although it’s not quite as rigid as keeping to the right on the London Underground, and you won’t provoke the […]Read Now