You really never know who is going to pop up on Twitter. You may tweet one of your favorite actors …Read Now
Bow To Robert Pattinson’s Power. Plus: Harry Potter Trailer
- Robert Pattinson is 50th on Forbes’ annual list of the most powerful celebrities. The scruffy-faced Twilight star made $17 million in the past year, more than enough to give himself a personal grooming stipend. Still that’s spare change compared to the $315 million that Oprah Winfrey, this year’s No. 1, has earned since June 2009. A few other Brits made the cut: Simon Cowell checks in at No. 11, Coldplay is No. 35, Daniel Radcliffe floats in at No. 82, and Kate Moss is No. 91.
- Speaking of Mr. Radcliffe, the trailer for the two-part Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows has hit the web. Part 1 of the film gets its theatrical release this November, but you’ll have to wait until July of next year for the finale. Not a big fan of this bloated franchise honestly, but it looks like Mr. Radcliffe’s theater training is paying off. And Helena Bonham Carter looks super-cool throwing a dagger at 1:27 in the trailer. But when doesn’t HBC look super-cool?
- The Daily Telegraph‘s Neil McCormick gives four stars to Kylie Minogue‘s Aphrodite album. “This is a mainstream pop blast, with great intros (the almost New Order bass drive of ‘Cupid Boy’), tingly keyboard hooklines (‘Closer’ has a synth arpeggio that sounds like Muse at the disco), catchy choruses (once ‘All The Lovers’ gets in your head, it is impossible to dislodge) and pumping codas, to which Kylie adds the sensuality of her light, breathy, close-to-the-mic vocals. She sings as if she can still squeeze into those golden hot pants.” By the way, don’t miss Kylie on this week’s Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, which airs at a special time – 6 pm EST on July 2.
Here’s Kylie performing with Scissor Sisters at this past weekend’s Glastonbury. I hate this woman. She looks effin’ spectacular in her cape and boots.
- Kylie defends her sister, X Factor judge Dannii Minogue, against the jibes of Louis Walsh.(The Sun)
- Hot ‘n’ cold: Katy Perry out-glams Cheryl Cole as a guest judge on the X Factor panel.(Daily Mail)
- Kele Okereke says he felt “a bit naughty” after walking around Glastonbury unrecognized. (NME)
- Gordon Ramsay takes in the scenery on a nude beach. Warning: wrinkly, voluptuous grandpa booty on display at link.(Daily Mail)
- Calvin Harris braved the wrath of dejected England football fans, telling his Twitter followers: “England just aren’t that good at football compared to the rest of the world! It’s not a huge deal, it’s only a small country…Think of the things England is good at, like music!” (Daily Record)
- Actor Stephen Tompkinson (Father Peter Clifford from Ballykissangel) says there should be more drama on UK television. “They [broadcasters] only need to look at theatre sales to see that people paid more in the recession to go out and be entertained and have escapism, and maybe that will transfer to TV drama again, and we will use the brilliant writers we have got.”(The Stage)
- Gavin & Stacey actress Alison Steadman will headline a West End production of Noël Coward‘s Blithe Spirit next year.(The Stage)
- If you missed it on BBC AMERICA’s Facebook page, Doctor Who star Matt Smith performed a version of the Doctor Who theme song with Orbital at Glastonbury. He looks reliably sexy in his long coat (seriously, was it that cold over there?), and his Richard Nixon salute at the beginning is hot.